Sign in to follow this  
labellebleue

Banner

labellebleue

Hello, I would like to add the possibility to connect to my members on the main banner on the right of the "site branding" of every pages. It is a connection on an otherwebsite (www.la-belle-bleue.ch). So I need to put a html section there like (http://crysto.ch/paniers-legumes/deja-membre-loguez-vous-ici/) I have been trying the whole day without success. Is that possible? I drawed an sample and will try to attach it. Thank you in advance and best regards

kgstew

Hello, You could do this by adding the contact form to your site using hooks in the branding section. Check out the guide in the docs on how to use hooks in Platform http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme. You could also create your own custom section to use in the template setup and you can find a description on how to do this in he docs as well http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections Cheers

labellebleue

Thank you very much, I am impressed by the possibilities of your theme. Is there a hook that would allow me to place my connection on the right of the banner as on the sample bellow. http://crysto.ch/paniers-legumes/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bannersample.jpg I tried all hooks and it appears or before or after the branding. Thank you for your help

Kate

Actually, you should just be able to style that with CSS because ".icons" is positioned absolutely.

labellebleue

Hi Kate, Can you explain me how to do it, I can't follow you. Thank you in advance

catrina

Can you show me what hook you have right now? That way, I can show you the appropriate CSS needed to style/position the content the way you want.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

labellebleue

I am using the "pagelines_before_branding" hook

Kate

To start with, I think we'll have to move that blue icon ;) Have you tried adding a "position:relative" to the #header div, and "position:absolute" to those items? You could also try negative margins.

labellebleue

Hi Kate, Thank you for your answer, I was without internet for a while so couln't answer earlier... I already removed the blue Icon... this was easy... For the rest, I am no so good to understand what to do... I am afraid you should give me the code and say where to insert it, I won't be able to do much more... Thanks for your help

labellebleue

I have been trying to add many differents codes in the Custom Code (custom CSS) area without success. Shall I put a code with my hook : pagelines_before_branding What kind of code? I want to lower the "connect option" so it looks like : http://crysto.ch/paniers-legumes/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bannersample.jpg'>http://crysto.ch/paniers-legumes/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bannersample.jpg and not like : http://crysto.ch/paniers-legumes/ Thanks for your help

catrina

What CSS do you have in your custom code right now? I can provide you with correct CSS to re-align the elements in the top right corner.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

labellebleue

I tried many codes but nothing worked. My CSS Rules are now empty, Header script also. Thanks for your help

catrina

I think it'd be more ideal to edit that code rather than use CSS to adjust how the elements are aligned.

's (line breaks) need to be added so that the elements aren't squished together. Is that form added using a plugin?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

labellebleue

I did add it in the function.php file : add_action('pagelines_before_branding', 'language'); Function language (){?>

<?php do_action('icl_language_selector'); ?>
++++

catrina

Please remove this from the functions.php file:

CSS styling can't be put inside the functions.php file. You must remove on either side of it and paste it into PlatformPro settings > Custom Code > Custom CSS. Looking at the code, it looks like the break lines can't be added in so CSS will have to be used after all. Can you check to see if the font styling actually changes to Tahoma (just to make sure it works before moving on)?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Okay, good. Now please add this code to Custom CSS:

fieldset.inputs {width: 230px; line-height: 40px;}

This should push the second field name and text field down.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Adding this code can change the widths of the text fields:

input.text {width: 100px;}
	input.password {margin-left: 25px; width: 100px;}

Designer | Catrina Dulay

labellebleue

ok, I moved it so it goes at the line at the right moment, how can I bring it to the same level than the banner?

labellebleue

Here is actually the complete code I added to the CSS Rules fieldset.inputs {width: 240px; line-height: 20px; font-size: 15px;} input.text {width: 80px; font-size: 15px;} input.password {margin-left: 25px; width 100px; font-size: 11px;}

labellebleue

I did remove all the size code from the function.php, so I have now : add_action('pagelines_before_branding', 'language'); Function language (){?>

Se connecter

Nom d'utilisateur*

Mot de passe*

<?php } ____________________ And did put in the CSS Rules : fieldset.inputs {width: 800px; line-height: 20px; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;} input.text {width: 800px; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;} input.password {margin-left: 25px; width 100px; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;} _______ As you can see, the button and the titel isn't on the right side, and I still need to bring everything 4cm more down Is it possible? Thanks