Sign in to follow this  
mcaf

How to specify which template is used for Author pages

mcaf

I have installed a plugin called Profile Pic in order to include a photo for each of the contributors of my site. The plugin includes a file called wp-content/plugins/profile-pic/author.php which lists all the posts by an individual author. When I click on a link to the author of a post, I get a page www.mysite.com/author/name. I am not sure where to begin to get this Author page to use the PageLines Posts template. I would appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction. Thank You.

cmunns

You mean you want the authors to be listed as if they were the main PageLines posts page? You would have to edit the file provided by the plugin so that it uses styles and format from the template.postloop.php file in PageLines

mcaf

Thank you for the reply. When I click on an author's name, I get a page with the URL www.mysite.com/author/name The page says "Posts by: Name" and then it lists the most recent posts by that single author. Before I added the plugin, the www.mysite.com/author/name page existed and used the default template (posts in main content area and sidebar on the right. I am fairly new at PageLines, but if I had to explain it, it appears as if the loop is working - the most recent posts by that author appear. The problem is that the column-wrap and the sidebar-wrap are not being nested correctly within the pagelines_content div. On the broken page, column-wrap and sidebar-wrap are nested directly in div#dynamic-content. There are no other div containers created. The new author.php file makes a call to get_header, but then it goes directly into the loop. At the end of the loop, it makes calls to get_sidebar and get_footer.

mcaf

I can be more clear. On a non-author category page, the code looks like this:

On a broken author page, the code looks like this: