Sign in to follow this  
squirrel360

Transparent or custom color Nav Bar, keeps changing with my page background settings!

squirrel360

I am using a background gradient that fades into a light blue. The background of my page effects the background of the Nav Bar as well... How do I override this?! I want my Nav Bar to be a different color or just transparent. Thanks for the help! - Kyle

penny772

#page-canvas {background:transparent !important} #page-main{background:transparent !important}

squirrel360

Did not work. I changed the code in my .css, was I supposed to do something else? I would like to not have colored boxes behind nav bar. And if they absolutely have to be colored boxes, than I would like to customize them to be a different color than my "page background color". I am going crazy here! Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it. :) www.km3media.com/test

catrina

Which .css file did you add the code to? I think if you want to change the nav bar item background colors so that they're transparent, you should use this code to PageLines Settings > Custom Code > CSS instead:

ul#menu-main-nav li#menu-item li.menu-item {background-color: transparent;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

squirrel360

YES! Thank-you, it actually didn't work entirely until I combined your suggestion with another's suggestion and then finally it worked! Now if I can figure out how to change the white hover box color to transparent as well... :) Thanks Catrina!