Sign in to follow this  
hottheo

having trouble using EShop and post pages! New user PLEASE HELP!!!

hottheo

hey guys i am trying to set up a simple online store on my page and i am running into tons of problems. i have created a number of static pages throughout my site but i am having some big troubles setting up a blog page that i can sell my products on using EShop. i am selling apparel, and i have properly set my "reading settings" to use my apparel page as the page in which my posts will be shown. however, when i assign my apparel page as my blog post page pagelines no longer allows me to change my section control options, so now my apparel page is littered with every option that is available in my section control. I am also having problems getting my posts to show up properly on my apparel page (they are missing the photos that i have uploaded etc etc) and when i insert the post to the page it makes all of my previous changes on my page disappear. i am very confused and i would truly appreciate any help that any of you can provide. again, i am a very new user so i am hoping the fix is relatively easy :) thanks guys! -t

catrina

Is Eshop a plugin? If so, can you please deactivate any other plugins you have one by one to see if some of the issues are resolved?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hottheo

yeah it is a plugin. i tried your suggestion but i am still running into the same problems. thanks anyway.

catrina

however, when i assign my apparel page as my blog post page pagelines no longer allows me to change my section control options, so now my apparel page is littered with every option that is available in my section control. It is possible to hide these sections using CSS since you don't have access to the section control anymore. Please post a link to your apparel page and list the sections/page features you want to hide.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hottheo

hey catrina, thanks again for your suggestions and insight! i decided just to scrap EShop and i am using a different e-commerce plugin that is working perfectly for me. again, thank you for your help, i truly appreciate the feedback. hope all is well. -t