Sign in to follow this  
jimd

Thumbnail size on blog page with magazine layout

jimd

Hello, I can't seem to find a setting to change the blog post thumbnails size/dimensions on the main page. Can someone cue me in please as to where I can change this? Thanks!

Danny

I think the setting you're looking for is under Wordpress Settings >> Media Just chance the thumb sizes there and it should change them your main page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jimd

Hi Danny, Thanks! I tried that before posting the question and no go. Since that setting controls the size of thumbnails in a post, I started thinking perhaps the theme was over riding this setting for some reason. If that is the case, I'm sure someone from PL must know what file I have to edit -- again, assuming this has to be an edit because of what little I know so far ;). I went back again and tested adjusting the thumbnail size and then inserting an img as a thumbnail (size option) both in the body of the post and using the featured img option - in both cases, even though I had increased the size, the featured image on the home page did not change size - btw, this was using new posts to test. So, that's why I'm wondering if this is a theme setting which I missed or need to edit in a file. ...or maybe I'm taking out my wazoo here ;)

jimd

Thanks Kate! That thought did occur to me which is why I tried testing this with new post and pics and the same problem resulted. I tried the plugin and same thing is still happening. Should I submit a ticket on this? At this point, if it is a PL issue, I really expect I will need to edit a file. Thanks for going above and beyond to help!

catrina

Have you already tried deactivating your other plugins to see if any of them are causing a problem with the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jimd

Thanks Catrina, but I've beaten this horse to death. Seriously. I'm convinced this is NOT a WP issue. The theme is is over riding the settings based on the tests I've done. This is why I've been asking simply for someone to let me know what file to edit. Anyone know what file? Please? Pretty please? :) And perhaps in a future update we could have a setting to adjust the thumbnails in the theme? Just thinking out loud there.

Kate

The file you would edit would be template.postloop.php. (You would need to copy it into base and go from there.) However, as you'll see, it simply calls the thumbnail function, without any size parameters. (

<?php the_post_thumbnail('thumbnail');?>

) Did anyone ever do any modifications to your theme? It's possible to set the height/width in functions.php, so you may want to check there. (If you have Base activated, that is.) You could also try removing "thumbnail" from the function call above. Though I've never seen it to be an issue, you never know :)

radroz

Okay, here's what I'm finding ??”? whatever the theme is doing, it's writing into the HTML that the thumbnail is 40px wide. So SOMEWHERE, PlatformPro is overriding the thumbnail size. I can't use CSS to trump it since the "width="40px"" line is in the HTML instead of CSS. Seems like this is a pretty easy fix, but I have no clue where this function is. lulurottielay

radroz

Okay, I stand corrected ??” the solution I used was to edit the following class: .clip-thumb img { width:150px; height:150px; float:left; margin:0 10px 10px 0;} Nice, big thumbnails now. :)