Sign in to follow this  
toddb1963

Problem installing Platform Pro

toddb1963

Ok, I know this should be simple ... LOL! I installed the theme using the entire contents of the downloaded file and compressed into a zip file. Used the Wordpress theme installer. It gave me several warnings (see below) ... Unpacking the package??¦ Installing the theme??¦ Theme installed successfully. Warning: fopen(/home/content/46/8136346/html/wp-content/themes/Platform/style.css) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/46/8136346/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4339 Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/46/8136346/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4342 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/46/8136346/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4345 Then, when I check themes, it has "Platform Base 1.4.1" as one theme. "Platform Pro 1.5.2" as another theme choice. If I open the "Platform Base 1.4.1" theme, it says "Unable to locate the main framework files! Make sure the parent theme folder is named correctly." Confused, can someone tell me exactly how to install this? The support instructions just say to install it. What am I missing here? Thank you so much. Todd

Simon

You have uploaded the themes to the wrong folders. Switch to twentyten PlatformPro has to be in folder platformpro. Platformbase has to be in folder platformbase. rename to correct folders then re-activate platformbase.

toddb1963

Not following you. In Wordpress, I'm using the "Install Themes" and uploading the files from my desktop. How do I put them in platformpro and platformbase folder? Thanks, Todd

Simon

If you use the wordpress installer, it will install to the correct folders.

toddb1963

That's what I wrote about originally. I downloaded the folder using the wordpress installer and that's the problems listed. I uploaded the download folder and it gave me the errors and created two themes. Todd

toddb1963

Hi Catrina, Thank you! No, I hadn't found that document/video. No one told me there would be "two" themes created. That's what I needed to know. Simple! Thank you, I will work on that. I am curious about the errors I received about it though. Will let you know how it goes. Thank you again. Todd

toddb1963

Ok, worked perfectly. I didn't know this page was there. I was reading the read me documents on the download for Platform Pro, and it just said to install it, nothing else. Thank you Catrina for pointing me to this page and video, and letting me know there are supposed to be two themes. Thank you Simon for your help. Todd