Sign in to follow this  
wedadd

Sidebar next to features

wedadd

Hi There, I was wondering if there is a way to have a sidebar either on the right or left side of features section? Whenever I have a feature section inserted in a template, sidebars disappears from the view. Thanks.

catrina

You will need to resize the feature slider and push the sidebar upwards using CSS. Can you please post a link to your site with the feature and sidebar you want enabled?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wedadd

Hi Catrina, Here is the the site I've been working on http://www.baacbh.org/wp/ I would like to have the sidebar 2 to the right side of the feature slider. Thanks for your help.

eschenck

Hi Catrina, I also have this problem. I've fixed the feature slider width on my page with CSS, but I don't know exactly what to write to move a sidebar up, so that it displays next to the feature slider. Thanks so much.

wedadd

try this #sidebar2 {margin-top:-370px;}

verve315

Hi Catrina, I'm having problem positioning the side bar on the right, bringing it up beside feature slider. when I read your answer to the same question, I did not do anything with the slider on my home page because I want to keep it that way, large feature slider. But for the other pages, I couldn't bring the side bar up on the right. here's the link of my site:http://elogicway.com/verve/ Please help!

Kate

Hi verve315, It would probably be best to start a new thread so that we can help you better. When you do, please be sure to show pages where the sidebar isn't working properly. (It should, by default, appear at the top.)

eschenck

Hi Catrina, Sorry for the delay. Here is a link to the site that I'd like to bring up a sidebar: http://mit-germany.scripts.mit.edu/misti/ I haven't created the sidebar yet, but the page template is set to sidebar on right, and I used your advice with CSS to resize the feature slider. thanks so much.

rachaelm

I wish to do the same thing. Have the sidebar move up beside the features and boxes on my home page. Which CSS should be used to shorten the width of the features? I have used several variations and it doesn't seem to be doing what I want. What CSS should I use to move up the sidebars on those pages with features and boxes but not other pages? Thanks!

catrina

Please add the following CSS to Custom CSS:

div.sidebar-wrap {margin-top: -290px;}

What CSS did you use to change the width of the feature?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

eschenck

Hi Catrina - I added it, but unfortunately nothing happened. I'll continue to play around and see if I can get it to work. For the feature slider CSS, I added: .home #feature-area {width:600px!important;height:240px!important;} And I change the width (I think 650 is ideal) depending on whether I want to use a sidebar wrap or regular sidebar.

catrina

Sorry, I provided the wrong CSS selector. Please use this code:

#sidebar-wrap {margin-top: -290px;}

Designer | Catrina Dulay

eschenck

This works great for my homepage. However, my other pages with sidebars now are readjusted. Is there any way to only have this display on one page?

Kate

If you only want it on the home page, try this:

.home #sidebar-wrap {margin-top: -290px;}

eschenck

Kate and Catrina: WONDERFUL! Thanks!

marmaristasarim

Hello :) I am having a similar problem with this site: satilikteknem.com .I have the feature slide and the boxes on the right, but now the feature slide's navigation needs fixing. What would be the css for this part that would help me fix it? :) Thank you.

marmaristasarim

I have sorted it out :) #featurenav{width:800px !important; margin-left: 220px;} #feature-footer{width:800px !important; margin-left: 220px;} Seem to work.