Sign in to follow this  
watchdog

Adjust Height of Feature Stage Area for Different Features on Different Pages

watchdog

Hi, I need to adjust the height of the feature stage area for only one of my features on a certain page. It's the feature on this page: http://thevigilantinvestor.com/gallery/ The height of my other feature sets is fine as defined in the Settings section of PlatformPro.

watchdog

I could just embed the HTML in the main content area, but whenever I try that it pushes the Flash content I am embedding a couple hundred pixels down the page, below the main menu. I don't how to fix that either... A solution to either option would be fine.

catrina

Please add the following custom CSS:

body.page-id-675 #feature-area {height: #px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

watchdog

We're almost there! When I add that Custom CSS, it increases the size of the stage area appropriately (I can see the gray bar that usually accompanies a feature farther down the page now), but it doesn??™t allow the actual feature any additional visibility. See page for the results: http://thevigilantinvestor.com/gallery/ Is there some other tweak I need to make to the CSS?

catrina

I just replied to you via e-mail. It looks like your comments are posting, but you probably can't see them...

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

watchdog

Thanks, Catrina. It's not working, unfortunately. The new code did not expand the visible area, plus it negated the expanded feature stage accomplished by the previous code.

catrina

Use this instead:

body.page-id-675 #feature-area #feature_slider .tvi-gallery {height: #px;}

Designer | Catrina Dulay

watchdog

Nope, that didn't have any effect either. It works if I dump the same embed code into the main content area of another template, except I have a margin or padding problem above the Flash. See this page: http://thevigilantinvestor.com/gallery-2/ Any idea how to fix that?

Kate

That extra space is actually paragraph tags. They have break tags and scripts being called from there. If you move the scripts to the header (via Custom Code), the space should go away. (You should just be able to manually delete the break tags.)

watchdog

Thanks, Kate. Do you know the code I would use to move my scripts to the header via Custom CSS? How would I write that?

catrina

You can move the scripts by going to Custom Code and pasting them in the Headerscripts text box (not the Custom CSS text box).

Designer | Catrina Dulay