Sign in to follow this  
stephwise

Comments

stephwise

Hi! I have tried deactivating plugins + am still receiving the message "Sorry, comments are closed for this item on my posts" . BUT I was able to post a comment on a page. We are launching the site next week + therefore really need to resolve this. Please help! Stephanie website: 2dineforhouston.com

kastelic

Are you using any plugin for comments or are you using the standard Pagelines Comments section in Template Setup?

stephwise

Standard Pagelines Comments section

Andrew

There are 2 wp options to allow comments. 1. the main one is under 'settings' > 'discussion' 2. There is a wp meta setting for allowing comments on all pages/posts... did you check that? Did you make sure the comment section was in the single page content area?

stephwise

yes - all possible boxes that allow for comments are checked. The comment box is showing up on the posts pages - but when you try to submit a comment it says "Sorry, posts are closed for this item". AND comments on the recipe pages of the site are going through - which is telling me that it has something to do with the posts - I just need help figuring it out + solving the problem: 2dineforhouston.com

catrina

It appears to be a problem in the files. Someone had a similar issue in the past: http://www.rotheblog.com/2008/03/design-topics/wordpress/commenting-not-working/ Which version of WP are you using?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

Have you already tried deactivating your plugins one by one to see if any of them could be causing a problem?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon

You dont have 'close comments after x days' enabled do you?

stephwise

No, I don't have 'close comments ...' enabled. I have tried deactivating plugins - but will try again. Also, Catrina, my client sent me the rotheblog link yesterday + I tried to do a file comparison - but am not having the exact issue that he did. I am starting to consider using a comments plugin - do you guys have any advice on that?

stephwise

I just deactivated all of the plugins at once and comments were still not processing on the posts. This is so strange!

stephwise

What files do I go to manually turn on comments?

kastelic

Can we get a screenshot of your Settings->Discussion page?

stephwise

right now i am re-installing the wp-admin + wp-includes files (is that crazy - but i read somewhere that refreshing those files could help). will let you know what happens when i am back up.

stephwise

Site is live again - but re-installing the two files I mentioned above did not fix the issue. At least we now know it is not a problem with the wp files + there must be something blocking my comments from my content - I just have NO clue what or where to go to find it. Oh - and comments work on non-post pages - so we can isolate the problem to posts. So far I have: - triple checked anything that has comments settings (such as the discussions page and singular posts). - deactivated all plugins at one time and individually - deleted and reinstalled wp-admin + wp-includes Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I attach a screen shot?

Simon

use bbcode,

[img=http://url.com/image.jpg]