Sign in to follow this  
kreilly

Adjust column padding in two-column layout?

kreilly

Hi, I'd like to adjust the padding between the main column and right sidebar in the two-column layout. Here's what I've tried so far: The single command added to the css file-- .mcolumn-pad {padding:0px 0px 40px 0px;} didn't actually change anything, no matter how high I put the third number. Then I tried /* @ adjust column padding */ .one-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, .one-sidebar-right #container #content, .two-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, .two-sidebar-right #container #content{ padding: 2em 40px 0 15px; } ... which broke the design completely, and I had to reinstall, because deleting the string above from the style.css file and reuploading did not bring the original layout back. Then I tried /* @ adjust column padding */ .mcolumn-pad {padding-top: 2em; padding-right: 5em;} ... but this didn't change anything either. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

kastelic

Try the first one but use the !important declaration to override the rule: .mcolumn-pad {padding:0 0 40px !important;}

kreilly

Hi, this works except I was told you need the fourth parameter, or just use the single tag-- .mcolumn-pad { padding-right:70px !important; } Thanks for the help!