Sign in to follow this  
jsbarnes

Sidebar2 bug

jsbarnes

I am working on www.flaxpitsdental.co.uk and a bug has crept into sidebar2 where everything i put into it appears on the site as a link. I have tried using universal sidebar, primary sidebar etc etc in sidebar2 and it's always the same. The error started after I put an email address using standard html into the sidebar in a text widget...[email protected] but I can see how this could effect the theme? Help appreciated Thanks John

Andrew

Probably an unclosed link tag... run a w3 validation on your site and it should pick up all the errors like this.

jsbarnes

Thanks - i've run a w3 validation and cant find anything, although i'm not the worlds most experienced Wordpress user so I may have missed something. What would you recommend to validate a wordpress site? Should I be looking inside the theme files and if so how has this bug crept into the files I have not used or accessed? Any help you can give appreciated John

jsbarnes

Kastelic In short no! I have run out of ideas and cant find any unclosed tag links - any help really appreciated!

Kate

Hi jsbarnes, Would love to help you, but unfortunately I'm not seeing the issue. I see in the far right column there are a few links (Contact Us, etc.). Where are you seeing the issue, please?

poseyg

Hi jsbarnes, When I look at your code...it looks like you have some blank hrefs in your widgets:

Out of hours care

This is causing everything to look like it's a link, when it actually isn't. Since I can't see the actual code in your widgets you will have to look for extraneous code you may have placed in one of your Text widgets.

kastelic

Yes, I also so some html issues, it looks like you may have the href itself in quotes? like: < a "href = something" when it should be

jsbarnes
Thanks as always - I was being blind and can now see the faulty code which I thought I had deleted a while back!