Sign in to follow this  
smandal

oops, changed something in the settings page removed wp

smandal

I was playing around and removed the WP to try to make my page www.xxxxx.com/wp/home to www.xxxxx.com and well not I get:Not Found The requested URL /sample-page was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Also, how can I change the main page www.xxxx.com/wp to be a non blog page to the www.xxxx.com/wp/home...thank you.

catrina

How did you remove the WP to try to make the page www.xxxxx.com? (Making this kind of may affect the URLs for other pages.)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

Did you change the WordPress address (URL) or the Site address (URL)? Depending on which URL you changed, the site may break. In the WordPress address (URL) text field, the full URL of the directory that has your theme files should be there. Here's an example from the WordPress Codex: If you installed WordPress into a directory called "blog", then the WordPress address would be http://example.net/blog (where example.net is your domain). If you installed WordPress into your web root, this address will be the root URL http://example.net. In the Site address (URL) text field, you should enter the address you want people to type in their browser to reach your WordPress site. This is where the index.php file is installed. The Site address (URL) is identical to the WordPress address (URL) unless you are giving WordPress its own directory.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse