Sign in to follow this  
tmcsoftware

FATAL ERROR..site not working need help!

tmcsoftware

Hi, I added the code from this post "http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/8484?replies=9#post-64230" //Add Action ('hook', 'function') add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'add_icons_to_branding'); // function name function add_icons_to_branding(){ ?> <?php } // end function to functions.php through the theme editor for platform pro. I then received this error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare add_icons_to_branding() (previously declared in /homepages/3/d371455526/htdocs/wwwroot/tmc_wp_prod/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php:61) in /homepages/3/d371455526/htdocs/wwwroot/tmc_wp_prod/wp-content/themes/platformpro/functions.php on line 24 wp.tmcsoftware.com Please help to restore my site!!!

ocdee

I can't help with the code itself, but if you can upload (via ftp or however you can do it) a previous version of functions.php without that code in it you should be fine (I break my site all the time when I screw up some code in my functions file ;) )

catrina

ocdee's solution should work. If you need the original version of the functions.php file and you don't have it anymore, please download the theme from your Launchpad (http://pagelines.com/launchpad) and copy the functions.php file from there.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Andrew

Change the name of the function you're using.. 'add_icons_to_branding' should be something like 'add_custom_icons' ... :)

tmcsoftware

will i lose any custom code or anything? or will it just allow me to access the site again?

catrina

The reason why the site isn't working is because you duplicated the hook add_icons_to_branding. What caused the functions.php file to break is that it can't have the same function twice. The change should allow you to access the site again.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse