Sign in to follow this  
gregfly

Header is off center

gregfly

I am having trouble centering my header. I made a header in Photoshop that was 940 pixels wide, and changed my site layout to be 940 pixels wide as well, but the header pushes off to the right instead of being right in the middle. If I then widen the page layout to 960, my header is still a bit off, but it seems only by playing around with the layout width am I able to center the header. I'm guessing there's an easier way, but I just can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

davecfm

I'm looking to center the header too. What have you tried so far? Dave

gregfly

I've just been working with the layout, making it wider or narrower, trying to get my fixed width header to show up centered. It seems there ought to be a way to set how many pixels from one side or the other we want the header to be, but I can't find it. Or even just a simple centering command.

nfp1900

I was having the same problem with the header being correctly sized but still appearing too far to the right when uploaded. Then I located this bit of CSS which you can paste into the custom code box: .mainlogo-img{margin-left:-10px;} Adjust the px value until it looks right

catrina

Greg and Dave, please try nfp's solution. If it doesn't work, another CSS fix can be made.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse