thelobbyist

Three quick CSS code requests

joie

try this for the comments entry box and text color (white) of the comments entry box input[type="text"], input[type="password"], textarea, #dsq-content textarea { background-color: transparent; color: #FFFFFF; } try this for reply .comment-body{ background-color: transparent; }

• Like 2

thelobbyist

Joie, Thanks for the reply. The code for the comments box worked great. The code for the reply box didn't go so well. If I use Firebug and highlight the box and then change the code to transparent it works. But I can't make sense of what I'm looking at. I included a screen shot to show you what I'm looking at: reply comments screen shot Thanks!

• Like 2

joie

try this li.comment.byuser{ background-color: transparent; }

• Like 2

thelobbyist

Thanks! That did it!

catrina

Ah, it doesn't change the children comments. Here is code you can add:

ul.children li#comment li.comment.byuser {background-color: transparent;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thelobbyist
This is still not working for me with threaded comments. Take a look: http://www.nickrbrown.com/politicians/total-lack-of-faith-in-gop-after-cnn-debat/#comments

blue522
You want to get rid of the white background, yes? Right now it is only firing on the even posts, because of code in the dynamic.css file (line 78) and the style.css file (line 120). To override the style issue, .commentlist ul.children .even { background: transparent; }

thelobbyist
Seems to have fixed the child thread background, but now the odd parent posts are white background after a threaded comment.

blue522
That is a persistent snippet. Add: .commentlist .alt { background: transparent; }

thelobbyist
That fixed all the comments, but that seems to now make even reply comments have a white text entry box rather than a transparent text box. Since my font color is white that means the commentor can't see what they write. One solution creates another problem, huh? lol

Danny
Add this and see if it does the trick! [code] .commentlist ul.children .even, .alt #commentform textarea { background-color: transparent; } [/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

thelobbyist
That did it. Thanks! Now if I can just figure out why buddpress is crashing after the update. Think all the links have gone bad. May have to reinstall it.