Sign in to follow this  
Guest debbiejosendaleyahoocom

Activate the 3 boxes below the slider

Hi, I'm sure it's starring me in the face, but I can't figure out how to activate the three boxes that show up under the slider feature in the WhiteHouse Demo. I have gone to the feature set up page, inserted info. I have also tried to change the page template setting to Feature Page Standard and Feature Page content...in both cases nothing happens! Help

www.3cmarketinggroup.com Thanks in advance for your help!

slingr

Debbie, this may not help at all but I compared your page to mine (www.discernthis.com). I was simply trying to add my content to the WHP theme with as few changes as necessary, which looks similar to what you've done. On my feature slider I used the default numbers as labels for the slides where you created text labels. That might be a source of difference that could somehow affect your boxes. Also looking below where the boxes should be, it looks like you've got some kind of extraneous or unintentional border/margin/padding above your main content area that prevents it from aligning with the top of the SEARCH box. You might double-check if you've changed any widths, margins, padding, etc. And I'm not sure what happens with the dimensions of the boxes if the content exceeds the dimensions of the default content. I think the boxes will expand vertically, but I'm not sure what happens if, for example, the boxes are set up to display an image that's 227px wide, and you try to insert a 400px wide image. Lastly, something that caused me a problem with a feature slide not displaying is that I failed to close an image tag elsewhere on the page. You might double-check your image tags and BR tags to make sure they end with />.

catrina

Others have not been able to activate the three boxes under the slider unless a static page (instead of the latest posts page) was set as the home page in Settings > Reading.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ryanhirnicher

The whitehouse theme seems to be missing the drag & drop functionality. I just downloaded it today. Am I missing something? I'd like the 3 boxes to be active under the big Whitehouse image just like the demo. How do I do this?

catrina

The WhiteHouse theme doesn't come with Drag & Drop functionality (only PlatformPro does). To enable the 3 boxes. you will need to make the home page a static page by going to Settings > Reading and then create the boxes in Feature Setup.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

nrbeatty

HI Adam and Catrina, I came to the forum with the same exact question, and voila, I found the thread. I upgraded to the latest version of WHP, but I cannot figure out how to "activate" the Feature Boxes below the Feature slider on the homepage. I'm not convinced (or satisfied) that they can't show up unless you create a static homepage- why wouldn't that be like that for the Feature Slider too? By chance is there something wrong with the latest version that could use an update?

nrbeatty

As a follow-up, I just realized I had this problem before, and posted the thread "Activate the 3 boxes below the slider." My man Tim came through with code that worked... in the wp-content/themes/whitehousepro3_dev/library/template_posts.php file, change this line: `if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || m_pagelines('featureboxes', $pagelines_ID))) $fboxes_template = true;` to: `if(VPRO && (is_page_template('page-feature.php') || m_pagelines('featureboxes', $pagelines_ID) || (is_home() && pagelines('featureblog')))) $fboxes_template = true;` Make sure to backup first. (*)

nrbeatty

I'm done- Tim's old code works. One thought- why is this a tweak? Seems like this would be a straightforward checkbox in options: "Display feature boxes?". I know there are alot of requests out there, but this seems appropriate- most buyers just assume you can use feature boxes like the demo. OR, in the Feature Settings, put a BIG IMPORTANT NOTE that explains how it works, so the task of using some simple boxes doesn't get all fancy pants. Thanks guys, keep up the great stuff! (*)