Sign in to follow this  
calvin

RSS Image from Platform Pro not showing

calvin

Hi, I just setup my blog at restaurantfork.com Everything seems to be running smoothly but I just found out my rss feed does not show the image I post. Any ideas why? Not sure if it's the theme or some other setting in Wordpress. I would do a new post. Then "upload/insert" in a picture into the post. Also made it a "featured image" The website works perfect. But when the Rss goes out, the image is an attachment and people have to click it just to see it. Any tips? Calvin

calvin

I guess my problem is a little different. I actually do have an image IN the post. But for some reason, the feeds are not passing on the picture. Calvin

catrina

What feed are you viewing the posts in? Directly in Feedburner? Google Reader?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

calvin

I added the below in the function.php and it seem to work. It actually gives the image but also has an attachment. Kinda bad but at least there is a image. // PICTURE IN RSS----------// function featuredtoRSS($content) { global $post; if ( has_post_thumbnail( $post->ID ) ){ $content = '' . get_the_post_thumbnail( $post->ID, 'thumbnail', array( 'style' => 'float:left; margin:0 15px 15px 0;' ) ) . '' . $content; } return $content; } add_filter('the_excerpt_rss', 'featuredtoRSS'); add_filter('the_content_feed', 'featuredtoRSS');