Sign in to follow this  
kstovold

How to edit the header area?

kstovold

I have a widget that I'd like to display up in the header area. It's a HUGE area and mostly wasted space. I'd really like to know how to add features and standard code up there. I tried putting the widget into the Universal Widget, but it ends up below the branding section instead of in line with it. I'm working on style.css for the child/base theme for Platform Pro. #branding {width: 500px; float: left;} #sidebar_universal {width: 250px; padding-left: 250px;} Have tried a few other variations, but no luck. I manage to get the widget up there, but spacing and formatting seem to be impossible. What am I missing about editing the header? It's nightmarish.

kstovold

But if the whole point of this platform is that it's drag and drop, why is the header not more configurable? I was only able to get as far as I did with the code because my husband is a web developer (Drupal, not WP). I don't WANT to have to use hooks. That's why I bought this theme. I am now beginning to think it was a mistake and am considering requesting a refund.

Kate

While the header is configurable, unfortunately the feature you want isn't part of that. A widget section for the header is a good idea, but I'm sure the developers had their reasons for not putting it in there. (I can think of a couple off hand.) That being said, as I mentioned, we're more than happy to help you setup the widget area. That's what the link I posted describes. I can understand your frustration, but as I mentioned, unfortunately what you're requesting isn't part of the theme at this time.