Sign in to follow this  
marmaristasarim

How can i change only the carousel's background color

marmaristasarim

Hi I would like to find out how i can change the background color of the sliding carousel to be transparent. It is connected to the Primary Box css settings. Is there a way that i can change it on its own? Thank you.

gormanit

Huseyin, To remove the default bg, try:

#carousel .content-pad {background:none;} 
for transparency use (and adjust to your needs):
 #carousel .content-pad {background: rgba(255,255,255,.5);} 

marmaristasarim

Thank you Gorman for taking the time to reply to my question. However I have tried what you have written and it did not change. In the style.css file I found the

#carousel .content-pad
as seen below. It seems to be connected to other areas. So at first I deleted the
#carousel .content-pad
from this part and place underneath it the code you gave me
. It did not work. Then I undid this all and left
#carousel .content-pad 
where it was orginally and just added your code
. And that did not work. Thinking both times that maybe I should clear my cache, it still did not show any changes made to the style.css file. I went to the platform pro settings in admin and changed the color to cccccc and it made the change. Do you have any other suggestions that I might be able to try? Also why do you think it did not work...which I think is strange especially when I did remove
#carousel .content-pad
and add
. /* Box Color - Primary Elements */ #feature-footer, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a, #wp-calendar caption, #buddypress-page #subnav, #buddypress-page .activity .activity-inner, #buddypress-page table.forum th, #grandchildnav.widget, blockquote, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .widget-default, .commentlist .alt, #wp-calendar #today, #buddypress-page div.activity-comments form .ac-textarea, #buddypress-page form#whats-new-form #whats-new-textarea, .post-nav, .current_posts_info, .post-footer, #twitterbar,
#carousel .content-pad

, .success, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li, .content-pagination a .cp-num, .hentry table .alternate td{ background-color: #F7F7F7; } Thank you once again. :)

marmaristasarim

Hello again Gorman, I have also gone into the file in section/carousel/carousel.css and found the code

#carousel .content-pad
. The code looks as follows:
#carousel .content-pad{ margin: 1em 0;}
I changed it to:
#carousel .content-pad{ margin: 1em 0; background:none;}

Still no luck. :( Looking forward to any other ideas.

marmaristasarim

Gorman I found the right file to make the changes. It must be made in the css/dynamic.css file. There you need to first find and delete

#carousel .content-pad
and then add the code you gave me

Thank you for getting me started with the start code!! :)