Sign in to follow this  
rachaelm

Pagelines Meta Settings not available

rachaelm

I am using the latest version 1.5.2 of Pagelines Platform Pro on a new site, but the Meta Settings when I am editing a page are not showing up. I am comparing this to my old site and that one has the Meta Settings. I pulled up the wordpress "screen options" on both sites, and it does not show the Meta options on the new site, but does on the old site. What would cause this? How do I get the Pagelines Meta Settings to show up when editing a page? This was happening on 1.5.1 (the same as the old site) so I upgraded to 1.5.2. This didn't fix it. new site: doesn't show meta options on page or boxes either, but does show on features and banners. both sites are wordpress 3.0.3

Simon

boxes features and banners are all special post types, and should not have any 'page' meta, they have their own custom meta sections. Can you post a screenshot from your old site showing us the page 'type' and the meta section you are expecting to see in 1.5.2?

rachaelm

Yes, the challenge is that on the new server there is NO meta settings of any kind on the custom post types I mention including: Page, Post, Box, Banner. For some reason it is still viewable on the Feature post type. First is the old server editing the home page. Page-Meta-Settings.png Second is the new server editing the home page. Page-missing-meta-settings.png

Simon

Home page as in the blog posts page?

rachaelm

No, I use a static home page, using the features template.

rachaelm

The specific page is not key, it looks similar for all pages.

Simon

Those settings should definitely be there, click screen options, are both pagelines options ticked?

rachaelm

That is still part of the problem. The option to check the second pagelines choice is not there in the new site. Here is the old site options: screen-options-there.png Here is the new site missing the option: Missing-screen-options.png

Simon

Are those screenshots the exact same post or page?

rachaelm

It is the home page from the old site and the new site. But this is replicated across all pages on both sites. Across all the elements I mention above where I do not get any meta options. This is not about a specific page.

Simon

I just trying to replicate the problem in order to solve it. I have created a new page, both panels are there... Set above page to static from page, settings still there... Set above page to blog/posts page, settings are now disabled.

rachaelm

The only difference I found between the two hosts was the PHP version. Could that be the cause?

Simon

Anything is possible! If you like you can email me you login details and I will have a quick look. simon@pagelines.com

rachaelm

I swapped hosts and with a new server using more recent php I did not have any trouble.

hottheo
i am having the same exact problem in which i have no meta options on my edit page screen. i have updated to the newest platform pro 1.5.3 but it still remains the same (no meta options). please help! i am very very frustrated. thank you!!!