Sign in to follow this  
thelobbyist

Update Screwed Up Alignment - Please Help, Launch Emanant!

thelobbyist

As you can see in a comparison of: www.nickrbrown.com which is the main page (which I have correctly re-aligned via m-column) and a post page like: post page (which is now not aligned). I can't figure out how to correctly align the post page without screwing up the home page. I have a major story in a DC paper coming out wednesday and would very much like to officially launch the site on the same day as that would increase traffic. Need to solve this fast! Please help!

Kate

Hey Nick, For a quick fix, please add this to your custom CSS:

.home .mcolumn-pad{margin-left:-90px !important;}
	.mcolumn-pad{margin-left:0px !important;}

thelobbyist

Kate, That's a no go.

.home .mcolumn-pad{margin-left:-90px !important;} 

Does not seem to make any adjustment. .mcolumn-pad adjusts both a post page and the home page on my site since the update for whatever reason. My guess is that since you are not able to make actual adjustments via the Custom Code section you will not be able to see this because obviously if you make a change via Firebug and then change pages the modified code doesn't stick. Been playing with this for a couple hours now and I just can't quarantine the main page and post page columns for adjustment. Hell of a thing to happen right before I wanted to launch. :/

thelobbyist

Kate, I've just removed all custom code for .mcolumn-pad so that is not screwing up what we are looking at to fix the issue.

Kate

Not sure exactly where the issue starts, but it's because the div with a class of "content" is being set at 800px (I think). So, please try this in your CSS:

#page-main .content{width:980px !important;}

thelobbyist

Ok. This is for buddypress page: #buddypress-page #content { width:600px;float:left; margin-left:11px; margin-right:8px;} #buddypress-page #sidebar-wrap { float:right;} #buddypress-page .content { width:980px;} I don't see any content setting at 800. I did have this though: #pagelines_content { width:890px;}

thelobbyist

Kate, This was what gave me success starting from scratch with your #page-main code:

#page-main .content{width:980px !important;}
.mcolumn-pad{margin-left:0px !important; margin-right:-170px;}
.scolumn-pad{margin-left:0px !important;margin-right:2px;}

If there is a cleaner way to do it, let me know. Thanks for the help! Aside from a few little tweaks which I can deal with later, I'm ready to go.

Kate

If that worked for you without messing up any other pages, I say go with it ;)

thelobbyist

Will stick with it. Thanks for the help. :)