Sign in to follow this  
mark-thorpe

Drag and Drop? I'm in Platforms Hell...

mark-thorpe

Hey there, I have very limited understanding of html, css or other web programming protocols. I recently bought the Platforms Pro theme based on the sales pitch of it being a breeze to use and that I would be able to create a stunning website in minutes! Really you should change that, it is so misleading. I'm no dummy, I have been able to set up most web challenges with my basic knowledge but this defies all understanding. I've been sat here for three hours now trying to get a header to work. It shows on the Post Pages but not on the Default Pages. I have replaced the Platforms Pro logo with my own, same deal, no change. I almost had a coronary when I finally opened the theme and saw exactly what I am required to understand in order to get that 'stunning website in minutes'. Very, very disappointed. Regards, mark.

Kate

Hey Mark, Sorry to hear about your frustrations. We're happy to help you where we can to get the Website up. You say you're having troubles with the header? Do you have a link to your site, please, so we can check it out?

mark-thorpe

Hi Kate, http://liquidmocean.com I really am disappointed in this software. It uses language completely alien to me with very little or no explanation in lay man terms. I'm sure this is also the case with many other unskilled individuals when it comes to web site creation. I bought it based on the apparent ease of use. For the Header why is it not simply called the header? Why in the Header section is there no location to drag and drop the image I want to use? I placed an image in the Logo box to use as a header but it looked naff so I left it out. Six hours later I came back to find that all my social network Icons had disappeared and the header/logo image had also disappeared, had to do it all again. Yes, I did save the work when first completed. I see a long arduous road ahead. Thanks, Mark.

mark-thorpe

I've now managed to get the slider working, but it was a chore. Next problem. When I navigate to the site it lands on the Post page, OK everything looks cool. Now select 'Continue Reading' and see what happens. My custom Icons that I made for the slider revert to the default ones and the nav buttons go balistic and relocate themselves. I have set the Default and Post pages the same so there should not be any discrepancy? Thoughts? Cheers, Mark.

Kate

Hey Mark, Glad to hear you're making some progress. I just took a look at the posts page. I didn't notice an issue when I selected the "Continue Reading" link. Were you able to get that part figured out?