Sign in to follow this  
redpanda

I thought WhiteHouse Pro would work like Platform Pro

redpanda

I purchased WhiteHouse Pro in the mistaken (I think) belief that it would behave like Platform Pro. Either I downloaded the wrong Pro version, or WhiteHouse Pro does not have anywhere near the same "drag and drop" etc., features that Platform Pro has. The version of WhiteHouse Pro that I have has perhaps 50% of the features of Platform Pro. I'm finding this incredibly non-intuitive. I am very much regretting this purchase. Please tell me that I'm wrong and that all of the other features are hiding somewhere? In other words, why did I purchase the WHP version when the free version did just about as much. There was a huge difference between Platform and PlatformPro. I seriously feel ripped off and would be more than willing to hand this whole package back.

Stefan

Hi Lauran, PlatformPro is PageLines' development framework and has exclusive features that are not currently found in the other products. These features are the Drag'n'Drop interface, Layout Editor, Design Control etc. In the future, WHP will be released as a PlatformPro child theme, but not yet... You can try the full functionality of all products over on the PageLines Test Drive If you require administrative support, e-mail hello@pagelines.com

redpanda

Then perhaps changing the index page of the PageLines website might be a consideration as it is a bit misleading. I paid $79 which, believe it or not, is a lot of money for me. I do feel ripped off, since I had already purchased and used PlatformPro and was under the impression .. not uniquely, I believe ... that WhiteHouse Pro was similar. The thought that I've wasted that much money for really hardly more than I could have gotten for free makes me ill. Your answer, sadly, is not very helpful. Thanks for the thought though. I am truly upset and this will be the last theme I purchase from PageLines and certainly I won't be recommending anything but PlatformPro, if that.

Stefan

Hey Lauran, PageLines has a 30-day refund period, as specified in the FAQ. Contact hello@pagelines.com ...

slingr

Lauran, I had the opposite problem - I bought Platform Pro and was completely overwhelmed by it. I contacted the Pagelines folks and they were very cooperative in working with me. Give them a try directly through email.