Sign in to follow this  
johare

Upgrading from 1.2.3 to 1.5.2 Blows up CSS sidebars

johare

Hi - I'm running WP 3.2.1 and just tried upgrading by switching temporarily to the twenty eleven theme, renaming the old platform pro & FTPing the new one, then switched back. The sidebar appeared as a UL below the main content, typography css was lost & on another page boxes appeared vertically instead of horizontally. I then tried to import the settings from the previous theme - that was successful but made no difference. I then switched to the 2011 default theme & deleted Platform Pro, uploaded via WP FTP and still the same issue. For now I've rolled back to the 1.2.3 version. Any insight on what could be causing the issue? I still see the CSS in the customization form and all the settings seem to be intact. Thanks! Jay

johare

Sorry - website is www.ignitesteamboat.com

Simon

There have been many many changes since 1.2x. You HAVE to upgrade platformbase too as all the paths are different internally. css in base.css now goes in platformbase/style.css

johare

Yup - that did it - thanks for your help & sorry I missed it.

slingr

If you don't mind me piggybacking on this css topic ... I have an old-school mentality so I printed out a copy of the Platform Base and Platform Pro 1.5.1 style sheets. Since I'm more familiar with modifying css than writing it from scratch, I use the printouts as a learning reference. From 1.5.1 to 1.5.2, were there any significant changes to the css such that I should throw out my printout and kill another tree? Thanks.

Simon

No changes Steve, so save a tree ;)