Sign in to follow this  
mpdstudios

Adding link to Social Icons in Header [REPLY NEEDS UPDATING]

mpdstudios

About 9 months ago someone asked the very same question I have regarding adding a link to social icons in the header navigation. Catrina said: Hi, Here's how to add that link... 1) Go to Theme Options > Custom Code 2) In the CSS Rules box, paste this: div.nav-icon {margin-top: 3px;} (this will ensure that the navigation icons don't get nudged down too much when the link is added above them) then save the options 3) Go to Editor under the Appearance section and select the _iconlinks.php file. 4) Right after this code in the file: <div class="icons"> paste this: <div class="login">Sign Up | Login</div> Save the file, refresh your page, and the link will appear. PlatformPro & Base have been updated since then and I can't find the _iconlinks.php file anywhere. If there is another way to accomplish this please advise. Thanks.

cmunns

social icons are part of the template.branding.php file...which can be copied and edited in PlatformBase child them.e

mpdstudios

Thanks Adam - My aim was to be able to place the social icons wherever I wished within the design without having to be stuck with the template currently on offer that sticks them in the header IF you use the branding option. Being apprehensive at tooling around with php, can you provide a step-by-step on how to place the social icons in the header regardless of the template. The previous reply from Catrina led me to believe this was possible. Thanks

Kate

Hi Omar, I think, in theory, you can just copy the code out of the template.branding.php file and paste that elsewhere in the code files. (Make sure to do your modifications in the Base theme.)