Sign in to follow this  
parachutes

Edit post design not translating on web/layout issues

parachutes

Hi there, I have been trying to figure this out for days and have yet to find an answer. I assumed that what i see while im editing should transfer naturally to what is on the web. This is just a simple addition of 3 images placed side by side across one row. This however always appears upon upload to 3 images on a single column! How should i rectify this? This should be the very basic wordpress process i assume? Take a look at the pictures to understand the issue: On my edit post screen On the webpage

maersklinemarketingusa

I've been having similar issues w/spaces being added in between images for no apparent reason..

Kate

Hendry, The images are set to "alignnone". If you want them to appear next to eachother, you'll need to use "alignleft" or "alignright". You can go to the post edit screen and modify the alignment there (either straight in the HTML or via the Media modal).

parachutes

Hi Kate, Thanks for your reply. I couldn't work it with the media modal way as it seems to push down each individual image to separate rows instead of aligning them in one row although their individual alignments are correct. I have managed though to work your alternative method which is to manually align each individual image on the edit post main screen. I have a question next, does it mean then that i am not able to adjust the distance between each of them via the usual spacing method on the edit post? Something that allows me to really modify the distances in the edit post to make updates as though 'what you see is what you get'? Really appreciate your advice and help!

cmunns

what you see is what you get never is as promising as it seems. You can edit the images in WP, however, to increase hspace and vspace

parachutes

hmmm, sure no worries. This is the first theme i've come across that spaces have to be strictly defined and not adjusted based on the usual edit post understanding... Still, thanks for the advice! Cheers, Hendry