Sign in to follow this  
mickradford

Social Links on Excerpts

mickradford

Hello all, I'm running a couple of sites with Platform Pro now and one thing has totally escaped me. How do I get the social links at the bottom of a post excerpt. First I'll give you my layout - I have static homepage which pulls in posts using the universal sidebar / Query Post method outlined here: I'm also using the Share and Follow plugin. If there's no simple answer (i.e. something I've missed due to my lack of familiarity) I'd be happy with just knowing where the post section lives in the theme files so I can manually insert the

<?php my_share_link(); ?>

in the excerpt section. Thanks!

kastelic

Put this in platformbase/functions.php (must have base theme activated):

add_action('pagelines_after_excerpt','share');
	function share(){
	my_share_link();
	}
If you see nothing maybe try:
echo my_share_link();

mickradford

Excellent Jimmy - I'll give that a shot! Thanks!

mickradford

Hey Jimmy, I tried both ways (with and without the echo), checked the syntax etc and no dice. I think there's something lost in the sauce between the plugin, the Query post and the way I've got it set up. Also, don't know if this makes a difference but Wordpress makes a distinction between Excerpts, Automatic Excerpts and the Teaser... may have something to do with it. I think I'm going to experiment with a different plugin and see if I can make some headway. Thanks!