Sign in to follow this  
missyjknox

*****HTML*****

missyjknox

This question began here, then when it seemed I couldn't get an answer I tried to simplify the question here. At the end of the day, I??™d like to create this hover effect and here is the background image for this PageLines site. From what I can tell, the power-button target within the HTML is not PageLines standard and had to have been input. My background image was generated using CSS. I have several questions, but let??™s start with this issue first: 1. Do you agree with my comment above regarding the power-button target? If so, how can I accomplish same? Where in PlatformPro do I input the HTML?

missyjknox

Hi Catrina, I want the hover to be placed on my home page only in the center of the heart. Here is the code you helped me with to accomplish the background image:

body.page-id-1477 #page-canvas {background:url(http://acedoubleyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/concept4.png)}

catrina

Did you create this image yourself? If so, how did you create it and do you still have the editable file?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

missyjknox

Yes, I created the image myself in Photoshop and it has been tested using a generator and works fine. I also have the editable copy.

catrina

Which part of the image is going to change on hover? Is it going to be just the heart?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

missyjknox

The hover is not on the home page now. It will be placed over the heart similar to the power button placed over the background image of the website I mentioned above.

missyjknox

I shared the hover image info in my initial post along with the generator I used to test it.

catrina

Yes, but the heart (and not everything around it) is going to be what changes on hover?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

missyjknox

From where I stand, the heart has nothing to do with what I am trying to accomplish, it is simply a background image like this

missyjknox

Did you look at the links in the initial post of this topic? Is my post confusing at to what my question is?

catrina

I understand what you're trying to accomplish, but I am trying to see if there is an easier alternative. In the power button example, there is the background image and the power button image. I don't know what the webmaster did to create that because I've never seen it done that way before, so I'm trying to see if the approach that I know can be applied to your page.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

missyjknox

Here is a copy of an earlier post of mine. Is this not the same concept?: I found this tutorial by Bryan Hadaway to be much easier to follow. However, I have a few questions: 1. Where do I put the XHTML code; 2. What does the ".hov" represent in Bryan's initial CSS (link, image or section of page); and 3. Is an upload plugin required as noted in Bryan's as linked above?

catrina

1. Is page that you set as the homepage a static page? 2. .hov represents the class given to the image link that has the hover effect. 3. If a plugin isn't mentioned in the tutorial, I doubt there is any plugin to install. Plus, I don't see any reason for a plugin to be used since it's a HTML/CSS solution.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

missyjknox

1. Yes, it is a static page. 2. This is why I continue to ask where I can create a class in PageLines using HTML. Is it done someplace in Cpanel like a .php file? 3. Here is where an upload plugin is mentioned, but I don't see where it comes into play

catrina

1. Add the HTML to that page you set as the static page. 2. It's CSS that is added to Settings > Custom Code > CSS. 3. I don't see any reason to include the plugin either, so we can leave it aside for now.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

missyjknox

1. This goes back to my initial question, where do I go to enter the HTML in PlatformPro for my Home page?

catrina

If you set the home page as a static page in Settings > Reading, the page should be editable by going to Pages and opening the page editor for it.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

missyjknox

Okay, I will try it later and let you know the result. Thanks so much for you help.

missyjknox

I got the hover image to work using this code:

<style type='text/css'>
	a.img_roll:link, .img_roll{
		width:300px;
		height:80px;
		display:block;
	left:0px;
	top:0px;
		background-image:url(http://acedoubleyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/HomeText.png);
	}
	a.img_roll:hover{
		width:300px;
		height:80px;
		display:block;
	left:0px;
	top:0px;
		background-image:url(http://acedoubleyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/HomeTextHover.png);
	}
	</style>
	[/code]

. Please note how the left and top attributes of the code do not have any pixels noted, and I don't understand how the code is dictating where the hover is placed. How do I center it over the heart?

missyjknox

Here is the remaining code:

a href="http://acedoubleyou.com/?page_id=578"></a

missyjknox

Hey lynnkate, Thanks for reminding I needed to use another attribute in my code, which is position:absolute.