Sign in to follow this  
kennwebguy

Moving Wordpress from subdir to root theme go bye bye

kennwebguy

Hi I moved the site from the subdir "/new/" to the root directory and the theme disappeared. I did this: 1. changed permalinks back to default (the ?page=3 style) 2. Move all wp files from "/new/" to the root folder 3. did a find-replace on the sql database for all instances of "thesite.com/new" to "thesite.com/". 4. Then did a check for all "/new/" and "new" to make sure nothing got missed. There were a few URL within pages and other references that needed updateing because they didn't have the "thesite.com" in the search phrase. 5. I did not move the .htaccess file 6. I tested the site and the theme was gone. It appeared to be some broken version of the original them. I saw that thje custom code was gone. 7. I freaked out! 8. I restored things back to the original state where the site ran off of the "/new/" directory and seems fine. How do i move the site fom the subdir "/new/" to the root and ensure the theme looks right? Is there some other place where the custom code or settings are held? Site is: http://www.vivocoaching.com (at this moment it's restored to it's original form) The site to be moved to the root is this: http://www.vivocoaching.com/new Please help. Thanks

kennwebguy

More info ... I tried again, this time I : a. exported the theme settings before doing the move b. changed all instances of "/new/" to "/" C. imported the theme settings after the move And oddly, when I import theme settings (the .dat file), the settings don't get applied. They don't show. No custom code. No other settings are showing in the PlatformPro Settings. I'm using platform pro version ... uh ... PlatformBase 1.4.1 as shown in the Install Themes section. (be nice if I could see the theme version from the welcome tab of the platform pro settings) Humbug ... Ideas? THanks.

Simon

The settings are serialized, you cant just replace text, you have to unserialize first.. or alternatively... open library.options.php the last function pagelines_import_export() change the serialize/unserialize calls to json_encode/json_decode, it'll be in an editable form then ;)

kennwebguy

Hi Simon. Thanks. I don't understand that, so for now, I'll just bear that in mind. Where are the setting stored? in a file within wordpress? In the database? (e.g. the url to the logo) THakns

catrina

library.options.php is a file that is accessible through your theme folder.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse