Sign in to follow this  
thib

Leave Comment form is NOT showing ?

thib

My "leave comment" form is not showing on any single post page. - I have made sure that the box "comment form" is included in the "Single Post Content" under template setup. - I also checked on the posts themselves, and made sure the box "Hide Comment Form" is not ticked - I made sure that comments are allowed under "discussion" section. Any idea ? I'm new on WP, maybe i missed something ?

catrina

Can you deactivate your plugins one by one and check to see if the problem persists? If there are comments there now, the form must've been working before.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thib

Hi Catrina, all comments have been exported from my previous blog (not wordpress). I tried to desactivate all plugins (there are almost none at the moment) but it does not change and i still can't insert any comment on the posts. Any idea ?

Kate

Hi Thib, In Settings->Discussion, do you have comments activated?

bonngean

@thib, Make sure you don't have "Automatically close comments on articles older than ___ days" checked under the Settings >> Discussion Settings, as this will prevent future comments to be added to older posts. If it's checked, remove the checkmark and save your settings. --Bonnie

thib

Hi Bonnie, yes this is unchecked. Does anyone has an idea why this is not working ? I'm starting to be really annoyed...

cmunns

What does your SETTINGS - DISCUSSION settings look like? Screenshot? Also, check the Discussions settings for each post...go to any post where it's not showing...if there is no "discussion" meta box go the top right corner and toggle it in the "screen options" tab and see if it's turned off there as well

thib

I have checked all the boxes... including the discussion settings for each post... but NONE of my posts is showing the form. Here is the screenshot (in French) : Screen-shot-2011-07-20-at-PM-10.50.45.png Any idea ?

cmunns

What about each pages meta box for "discussion"?

thib

Hi Adam, all, I found the reason... although I still don't really understand the logic (i'm new on WP) : If i check next to each article, in the "Pageline section control", everything looked fine regarding the comments : Screen-shot-2011-07-21-at-PM-11.05.25.png But in fact when I clicked "quick edit" on the post list, I noticed a tick box with "allow comments"... and obviously it was unchecked. I don't understand why this option is only available in "quick edit" mode, and not in normal edit mode ??? Thanks to all for your help.

cmunns

the option that was unchecked is actually a WP option and probably changed when you updated to the new WP version.

holly
I just had this problem too, I think that actually it might come from the fact that i created the article before I did Settings > Discutions Allow people to post comments on new articles is activated As I am only using this 1 article on my website it was a hard problem to detect, so thanks for the solution !!

Rob
What happens when you simply re-save the article? Or, republish (change the date to 5 minutes into the future for scheduled publishing).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur