Sign in to follow this  
missyjknox

HTML for CSS Rollover

missyjknox

Hello, Where in Platform Pro do I enter the HTML portion of the process?

missyjknox

Hi Catrina: Yes. My initial questions started here. But it seems starting a new topic is best for the former is not being addressed. Please refer to the previous topic for history.

catrina

I looked at the previous topic and you mentioned a code that was generated with the generator. Can you please post the code here?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

missyjknox

Here is the code...

<style type='text/css'>
	a.img_roll:link, .img_roll{
		width:300px;
		height:80px;
		display:block;
		background-image:url(http://acedoubleyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/HomeText.png);
	}
	a.img_roll:hover{
		width:300px;
		height:80px;
		display:block;
		background-image:url(http://acedoubleyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/HomeTextHover.png);
	}
	</style>

<small>Image Rollover Effect</small>[/code]

missyjknox

Where is the HTML placed?

kastelic

Substitute the

img_roll
in your css code for a class that is already attached to the element you are trying to target. If you get Firebug you can rightclick on the element and "inspect element" to see the classes associated with it. If there is no class then you can still target it. For example say its an image within a div of id "myDiv" then you can target the image like this:
#myDiv a{position:absolute}

Please read http://www.w3schools.com/css/. I'm sorry you've been having trouble getting this answered but if you don't get the basics down then we have no starting point from which to help you.

missyjknox

Jimmy, My posts are evident that I do the research to understand the basics. I may not clearly understand, but I do the leg-work before I post a topic. I read your response in my former post and my target is the background image created using CSS, If I target what was used to place the background image,

body.page-id-1477 #page-canvas{

, the hover image replaces the background image mentioned above. Once again, I am trying to create the hover effect found on this page of which his target of div class power-button is not PlatformPro HTML and had to have been created (found this site in the forum),

catrina

Is body.page-id-1477 #page-canvas the only place you want to include this effect? I think I kind of understand what you're trying to accomplish, but I don't know whether you want the effect to be on certain pages, one page, or all of them. I've never seen the effect used in the site you provided before. You can try contacting the owner of this site and asking him/her how the rollover effect was created. There is no contact, but there is a Twitter and Facebook accessible through the social icons.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse