Sign in to follow this  
donnatellarossano

Site crashed

donnatellarossano

This is what happened when I tried to preview Pagelines after updating to the latest version of Wordpress (version 3.2.1): Fatal error: Cannot redeclare improved_trim_excerpt() (previously declared in /home1/laprens1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/post-rich-videos-and-photos-galleries/wp-media-cincopa.php:440) in /home1/laprens1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/library.functions.php on line 498. I deleted the plugin but do not know how to handle whatever is happening on line 498. Also, I don't have access to my dashboard. Please advise. Thanks

Stefan

Hi Natalia, There is a conflict between the plugin and the theme, as both are trying to define the improved_trim_excerpt() function. Deactivating/deleting the plugin should solve the problem. Why can't you access the WP Dashboard?

donnatellarossano

Hi Stefan, Thanks for quick reply. I deactivated the plugin by deleting it from the file manager. But still couldn't access the dashboard. So then I renamed Platform Pro folder in the file manager (wp-content/themes) and that allowed me to get back into the dashboard. Once back in the dashboard, I uploaded a fresh version of Platform Pro and now everything is back to normal. The incident was quite the cardio workout, though! In any event, it seems that the plugin, which made uploading videos a cinch,is incompatible with Platform Pro. Oh, well, will look for another video plugin later. Thanks again for the quick reply and advise.