Sign in to follow this  
davidcsonka

Add author rel tags to blog post content info

davidcsonka

I want to add the href rel=me" attributes to the author info links that show up in the single post info area at the top of the content. Google now indexes author information signified with the a href="" rel=""> atrributes. I can't figure out how to edit this within Platform pro. What file, or template?

kastelic

You could filter the pagelines_post_metabar function. Check out platformbase/functions.php for an example of how to apply filters. Look in library.templates.php around line 360. You will see the big chain of if statements that determine what the variable $metabar ends up to be. I think you would have to copy the entire if chain into your filter and add your

rel

to the byline_author one.

davidcsonka

Gee, I hope not. I mean - I want to change one HTML tag. I know the point of the framework is to prevent fiddling with the guts - but it's just one attribute of one HTML tag. There has to be some template file somewhere that indicates what the header of the content loop should look like, right?

catrina
There has to be some template file somewhere that indicates what the header of the content loop should look like, right?
If you edit this parent file directly, you'll need to remember what edit you made and add it to the file again after you update your theme because upgrades wipe out any changes you don't make in the child theme.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

davidcsonka

I'm fine with that. It would still be loads easier than trying to figure out how to do what Jimmy suggested - even if Jimmy's way is the correct way. I just need to know what/where the file is that needs to be edited.

catrina

library.templates.php Look underneath where it says pagelines_post_metabar

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

davidcsonka

I just discovered that the latest version of Wordpress adds this. Thank you for all of the tips.