Sign in to follow this  
kamibayasi

Feature set order without Post type order plugin

kamibayasi

I am trying to change the order of features without Post Type Order Plugin that has been recommended by developpers in the previous threads because it conflicts with my post quety plugin when I choose orderby=rand. I cannot display posts in the random order when I have Post Type Order plugin activated. So I tried to swtich the orders of each feature by tweaking the posted dates and I got the in the correct order in the backside. But It does not reflect on the actual front side page, instead the feature slide starts in the middle of the posted features. Have any idea?

kamibayasi

I read my own writing and noticed that it is pretty poorly written, so I am trying to describe the situation again. First, I once installed Post Types Order plugin to change the order of Features, and it worked. But later, I noticed that Post Types Order plugin was conflicting with another plugin which is quite important also. So, I disabled Post Types Order plugin to change the order of features manually by altering the posted dates of each. On the back side, features were listed in the desired order now, then I checked the front side, but the order was wrong. Now, the feature slider's first image is the one that has the post date somewhere in the middle. So the slider completely ignored the date that each feature was posted(or the altered post date). So I went back and again changed the post date to see if the order changes, and it did not change anything. The slider still starts with the same image. My website is http://kyotojournal.org/ourfuture Appreciate your help

kastelic

I don't know of another way besides the posts-types-order plugin, but I do know that the post date doesn't matter, its just in the order that they were created.