Sign in to follow this  
calvin

Bottom Center Pageline Leaf

calvin

Hi, Can anyone here help me find out where in the Pageline Admin to go to to change the bottom center pageline leaf in the Platform Pro theme? It's the little gray leaf. I need to change the graphic and the url. Thanks in advance. Calvin

catrina

You'll need to have the child theme enabled so that you can change the file without messing with the parent files. Just to make sure, are you using PlatformPro?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

calvin

Hi Catrina, I just posted another comment and saw you had posted. I forgot to subscribe to the thread. Yes, I have Platform Base and Pro. You can see my problem here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/11487 I spent all weekend going one by one, but just can't figure it out. Calvin

catrina

Make a copy of your library.templates.php file (which is in the PlatformPro theme folder) and paste it into the PlatformBase folder. The part of the file you want to edit it to change the graphic and URL is: `$img = sprintf('%s by PageLines', apply_filters('pagelines_leaf_image', PL_IMAGES.'/pagelines.png'), THEMENAME);` Change %s to the image URL for your graphic. In the code below it, which is this: `$link = (!apply_filters('no_leaf_link', '')) ? sprintf('%s', $url, 'PageLines', $img ) : $img;` Change %s in the href tag to the link.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

calvin

Hi Catrina, I can't find the library.templates.php file, bur did see it in the wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes folder. Can I use this one? Calvin

calvin

Also, when I paste it in the PlatformBase Folder, anywhere in there? When I update Platform, do I have to redo this again? I remember they said not to change the child theme. Calvin

cmunns

the instructions were a bit off...yes once you make edits in the PlatformBase child theme do not update the child theme...however you should always update the core parent theme as this is the point of working this way. now in your Base functions.php file add the filter ` add_filter('pagelines_leaf','my_custom_footer'); function my_custom_footer($cred){ $img = sprintf('%s by PageLines', apply_filters('pagelines_leaf_image', PL_IMAGES.'/pagelines.png'), THEMENAME); if(get_edit_post_link()){ $url = get_edit_post_link(); } else { $url = load_pagelines_option('partner_link', 'http://www.pagelines.com/'); } $link = (!apply_filters('no_leaf_link', '')) ? sprintf('%s', $url, 'PageLines', $img ) : $img; $cred = sprintf('

%s
', $link);return $cred; } ` change each reference here to an image and link to what you want it to be

calvin

Hi Adam, I followed your instructions and, 1.FTP down the functions.php file to my computer 2.Copy and paste your code to the very bottom of the file 3.Personalized the links to mine. 4.Save and upload it back with FTP. But the website is blank. Not sure why. Everything is blank, but when I upload my original copy of functions.php it works again. Temporarily I just rename my graphic to pageline.png and it changed the graphic but still the link is going to pageline.com. Any suggestions? Calvin

cmunns

It just pasted funny with a bad character..try again with this ` add_filter('pagelines_leaf','my_custom_footer'); function my_custom_footer($cred){ $img = sprintf('%s by PageLines', apply_filters('pagelines_leaf_image', PL_IMAGES.'/pagelines.png'), THEMENAME); if(get_edit_post_link()){ $url = get_edit_post_link(); } else { $url = load_pagelines_option('partner_link', 'http://www.pagelines.com/'); } $link = (!apply_filters('no_leaf_link', '')) ? sprintf('%s', $url, 'PageLines', $img ) : $img; $cred = sprintf('

%s
', $link);return $cred; } `

calvin

Hi Adam, Still no luck. I downloaded the functions.php from the wp-content/themes/platformbase I opened it in notepad and pasted in the below. Very minor changes (web url and alt tag.) Saved, upload back to wp-content/themes/platformbase Website shows blank. :-( Can you look below to see if I did anything wrong? Calvin

// PERSONAL FOOTER LOGO --------//

add_filter('pagelines_leaf','my_custom_footer');

function my_custom_footer($cred){
		$img 	= sprintf('', apply_filters('pagelines_leaf_image', PL_IMAGES.'/pagelines.png'), THEMENAME);

if(get_edit_post_link()){
					$url = get_edit_post_link();
				} else {
					$url = load_pagelines_option('partner_link', 'http://www.pagelines.com/');
				}

$link = (!apply_filters('no_leaf_link', '')) ? sprintf('%s', $url, 'PageLines', $img ) : $img;

$cred = sprintf('<div id="cred" class="pagelines">%s</div><div class="clear"></div>', $link);return $cred;
	}

// ADDING NEW TEMPLATES --------//[/code]

calvin

I did it again with below with no luck also:

// FOOTER PERSONAL LOGO ---------//

add_filter('pagelines_leaf','my_custom_footer');

function my_custom_footer($cred){
	$img 	= sprintf('', apply_filters('pagelines_leaf_image', PL_IMAGES.'/pagelines.png'), THEMENAME);

if(get_edit_post_link()){
				$url = get_edit_post_link();
			} else {
				$url = load_pagelines_option('partner_link', 'http://www.restaurantfork.com;);
			}

$link = (!apply_filters('no_leaf_link', '')) ? sprintf('%s', $url, 'PageLines', $img ) : $img;

$cred = sprintf('<div id="cred" class="pagelines">%s</div><div class="clear"></div>', $link);return $cred;
	}
	[/code]

calvin

Very odd, but I noticed everytime I alter the functions.php file, my homepage is blank. I always have to copy and paste back the original file. Maybe the file is not supposed to be changed? Calvin

catrina

Which functions.php file are you modifying? Is it the one in the child theme or in PlatformPro?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

calvin

Hi Catrina, I tried it in the platformbase folder. Which is the active theme. Calvin