Sign in to follow this  
otwg13

Platform Pro - Current state for Categories set as menu items doesn't work

otwg13

All the menu items (pages) have a current state bg color so when on that page it is different than the hover state or the neutral state. I have a news category in the main nav and for some reason that category will not show a current state. I have searched the forums and found this answer... http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/9651 but none of the suggestions in there work either. Firebug doesn't help me - I can't pinpoint anything in there. I tried to just create a news page template and pull the loop into that, but the page template pulls in a function. I don't want to start messing with the functions, so I can't easily do that either. I had real high hopes for this template, but it hasn't saved me any time. It has cost me loads of time. This particular issue would normally be a 2 min css issue. I have now spent at least 2 hours trying to find an answer. I suspect that in order to really use this I would need special training to actually figure this out. This was supposed to make it easier, but it has made it terrible hard for me.

catrina

Try adding this code:

ul#menu-menu .main-nav li#menu-item-100 li.current-menu-item {background-color: #FFF;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

otwg13

Nope that didn't work. My best guess is that the original css seems to define everything with "page" - "li.current_page_item a" As the news page is not a "page" but rather a "category" I can see that as a possible reason the code doesn't work.

/* Box Color - Primary Elements */
				#feature-footer, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a, #wp-calendar caption, #buddypress-page #subnav, #buddypress-page .activity .activity-inner, #buddypress-page table.forum th, #grandchildnav.widget, blockquote, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .widget-default, .commentlist .alt, #wp-calendar #today, #buddypress-page div.activity-comments form .ac-textarea, #buddypress-page form#whats-new-form #whats-new-textarea, .post-nav, .current_posts_info, .post-footer,  #twitterbar, #carousel .content-pad, .success, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li, .content-pagination a .cp-num, .hentry table .alternate td{
					background-color: #F7F7F7;
					font-weight:bold;
					font-size: 36px;
			}
My only thoughts are that it should be more like this... but I am super frustrated and I know that this code is in the wrong order or something... it is wrong.
	.main-nav li.current a, .main-nav li.current ul, .main-nav li.current ul a {

}

or perhaps

.main-nav li.current-category-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_category a, .main-nav li.current-category ul a, .main-nav li.current_category ul a {

}

kastelic

.current-menu-item a{ background: #f7f7f7 !important; }