Sign in to follow this  
porterblakfirecom

Hide Secondary Sidebar in Sidebar 1 But Not Sidebar 2

porterblakfirecom

Hi, I have the secondary sidebar in both Sidebar 1 and Sidebar 2. I want to hide it in one of the Sidebars on a certain page, but not the other. Whenever I try to do that, PageLines automatically hides it in both Sidebar 1 and Sidebar 2. Any idea how to fix that?

catrina

You can use CSS to hide that secondary sidebar in whichever sidebar you want. Can you post a link to your site and point out which sidebar you want to hide it in?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

porterblakfirecom

Sure, Catrina. Here is the link: http://thevigilantinvestor.com/ I am using a two sidebars right layout on my home page. I want to hide the secondary sidebar in the sidebar that is on the left (actually in the middle of the page) so that I don't have the Twitter content showing twice.

catrina

Add this to Settings > Custom Code > CSS:

#sidebar1 #sidebar_secondary {display: none;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

porterblakfirecom

Thanks, Catrina. Any idea how I can make it then appear in Sidebar 1 on a layout with only one sidebar right? :-) I am only asking because I don't know how to make Sidebar 2 serve as the sidebar displayed on a layout with only one sidebar... I could always just go to a two-column layout and hide everything in Sidebar 1 on that page, but then there would just be a blank column of space to the left of Sidebar 2.

Kate

Hey Porter, Are you just trying to get the Twitter widget to appear in the other Sidebar? You could just drag it into that widget section (Appearance->Widgets).

porterblakfirecom

Yes, but then it shows up on a different page where I don't want it to appear. Sometimes it needs to be in Sidebar 1, sometimes in Sidebar 2... I thought I could just put it in both Sidebar 1 and Sidebar 2 and then hide whichever sidebar I don't want to display.

cmunns

If this is giving you a headache you could try using the Widget Logic plugin .