Sign in to follow this  
jgw52

hiding feature, box and banner menu items from authors and contributors

jgw52

Hi I'd like to prevent authors and contributors from accessing box, feature and banner menu items in the admin bar and their profile page. Any suggestions? Plenty of Wordpress plugins out there that get close but they seem rife with plugin conflicts. Thanks.

catrina

Hm, I'm not sure how that can be done with settings on WordPress. Have you already tried using any of the plugins you found?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jgw52

Hi Catrina No, I haven't tried the plugins yet (because of possible conflicts) but my ultimate issue is that my site doesn't use features, boxes or banners so giving my logged in users the options doesn't make sense and I want to avoid having to say something to my users like, "Please avoid/ignore the following options... they just come with the theme." Any help appreciated.

jgw52

minor update... I used css to get rid of the horizontal admin bar items but the PlatformPro profile page items are still a problem... thanks again

jgw52

I got over my plugin conflicts phobia (I hate all the messages that say, "I'm locked out! Can't access anything! etc) and found a plugin I was willing, kind of, to try. That is, users seemed to have fewer eeek! moments. (Admin Menu Editor). Thanks