Sign in to follow this  
augemundial

How to change header site logo according to language

augemundial

I'm using WPML for my multi-language site. However I need to use a different header logo image for my different translations. Somebody knows a way to accomplish this? I just need to know the file where I need to put a simple "if" statement -unless somebody else has a better idea. Thank u :)

cmunns

You could try to filter the branding function ...but first I would need to know if there are conditionals you could use within the WPML that allow you to test whether you are viewing an English v Spanish v etc site?

augemundial

Adam, Yeah I can use ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE to know what language is currently being used. I'm new with Wordpress, can you give an example of your idea? Thank you

augemundial

Sorry to bounce, but I really need to get this done this week :)

kastelic

Open library.templates.php. The first function there is pagelines_main_logo(). What you want to do is set up a filter for pagelines_site_logo that will change the value of the variable $site_logo based on the conditions of you rif statement. As a quick example you can copy, here is an example of filtering that function and making it so the logo links to google instead of the home page: ` add_filter ( 'pagelines_site_logo', 'myfilter'); function myfilter($site_logo){ $site_logo = sprintf( '%s', 'http:google.com', get_bloginfo('name'), esc_url(pagelines_option('pagelines_custom_logo')), get_bloginfo('name')); return $site_logo; } ` Of course this is done in base/functions.php (you have to have the base child theme activated).

antonella

Hello, I am following the instructions above to change the logo according to language through WPML. However, I'm not too experienced with coding functions, so need a few extra steps. I would like to use this code instead of uploading the logo through the pagelines interface: <?php???if (ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'en') { ?> logo-eng-2012.png <?php???} else if (ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'fr') {????>???logo-fr-2012.png I added it to the instructions above, but I am probably missing a semi-colon or have my php statement in the wrong place. This is how I did it, but it's not working. I'm getting an error on the site. add_filter ( 'pagelines_site_logo', 'multilanguage'); function multilanguage($site_logo){ $site_logo = <?php if (ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'en') { ?> logo-eng-2012.png <?php } else if (ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'es') { ?> logo-es-2012.png <?php } else if (ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'ca') {?> logo-ca-2012.png <?php } else if (ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'fr') { ?> logo-fr-2012.png <?php } ?> ; return $site_logo; } The error is occurring on the third line in ($site_logo = <?php ). Can anyone give me any clues to get to the next step? Thanks!