Sign in to follow this  
trinisys

Edit Footer and Re-create The Latest, Site Title, Etc.

trinisys

I searched but couldn't find this specific answer, so I hope you guys can help. I want to replace "More" in the default footer with archives. I understand how to edit the footer items in the widgets section. The problems I am having is that: -- I can't get the site title to appear the same as the default (1st col). Added a text widget but the text is smaller. Text widget title didn't seem to accept HTML. -- I can't re-create "The Latest" (3rd col) with anything more than just the title. I really liked the post "teaser" as well and would like to still display it. -- I added a text widget for the 5th col and it is not gray like the default footer was. Similar issue as 1st col. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -David

catrina
I can't get the site title to appear the same as the default (1st col). Added a text widget but the text is smaller. Text widget title didn't seem to accept HTML.
Text widget titles (or any widget titles in the Widgets page) don't accept HTML. Only the boxes where the content goes accept HTML. If you want to change style of the titles, it's best to use CSS.
I can't re-create "The Latest" (3rd col) with anything more than just the title. I really liked the post "teaser" as well and would like to still display it.
Do you have excerpt text set up for your posts? If so, that text could be somehow implemented so that a small amount of it could display next to the post titles.
I added a text widget for the 5th col and it is not gray like the default footer was. Similar issue as 1st col.
CSS could also fix this. Can you please post a link to your site?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

trinisys
Do you have excerpt text set up for your posts? If so, that text could be somehow implemented so that a small amount of it could display next to the post titles.
Thanks - I will look into this. Is the excerpt text a base WP feature, theme feature, or plugin? I shouldn't have any problem adding CSS to fix the other two items. Just too bad we can't get at the default footer easily (via filter or PlatformPro settings) to edit or tweak an item or two.
Can you please post a link to your site?
Unfortunately the site is not live and behind our firewall with no external access. It will be replacing our company website soon. Thanks!

cmunns

You can always do a template override if you want to tweak the template files slightly. This involves copying the function section_template() from the particular footer/morefoot you want to copy and paste this into a file in your child theme called template.sectionid.php and then you can edit the file as you want.

trinisys

Thanks for the help. I might override the template for phase 2 of our new site. Out content will grow by about 5 times for that phase. For now though, I just edited the More text and added a simple footer in addition (to the default footer) and hid / reformatted some items in it. I basically just kept what I wanted with the default and added what I needed via a menu in the simple footer.