Sign in to follow this  
calvin

Remove Dates on Comments

calvin

I'm new to blogging and am trying to set up a blog. Is there anyway to remove the time and date of comments. I love the look and ease of use of PageLine but the one killer for me is I couldn't remove the date and time from the comments from the Platform Pro. Any help is appreciated. Calvin

gormanit

Calvin, Try this: #comments .comment-meta {visibility:hidden; margin-bottom:-5px;} Jim

calvin

Hi Jim, If I want to make sure that changes are not lost during updates, do I change this in the Platform Pro: 1.Style.css 2. RTL Stylesheet OR Platform Base: 1. Style.css Also do I just cut and paste

#comments .comment-meta {visibility:hidden; margin-bottom:-5px;}
into the file and save? Calvin

gormanit

Calvin, You should make the changes in the platformbase > base.css file. If you do not feel comfortable making changes to the code, you can optionally use the PlatformPro > Custom Code in your Admin area. Yes, you can just cut and paste that code.

calvin

Hi Jim, Appreciate the help so much but for some reason I can't find the right file. I just updated both the Platformbase and Platform Pro. But I can't find the base.css file anywhere in the PlatformBase folder. I looked in the edit section and also the FTP folder. The only css file I see is style.css I tried to put it in the style.css file as below but no luck either. Could the base.css file be located somewhere else? /* ============================== */ /* = Start Your Custom CSS Here = */ /* ============================== */ /* @ CSS corresponding to the hook used in functions.php; adds a stumbleupon icon to branding section */ .icons .stumbleupon {background: url('../platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png') no-repeat -176px 0;} .icons .stumbleupon:hover {background: url('../platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png') no-repeat -176px -22px;} /* @ No Comment Date */ #comments .comment-meta {visibility:hidden; margin-bottom:-5px;} /* @ Pullquote Section */

gormanit

Calvin, The code you pasted matches the code I have in my base.css. My base.css file is located inside the platformbase folder. Is your child theme activated? Did you try simply using the custom code in the admin area?

calvin

Hi Jim, I actually had PlatformPro 1.5.2 as the "Current Theme" I activated PlatformBase 1.4.1 and it messed up my whole page. So I just went to FTP and deleted both Platform Base and Platform Pro. Went and downloaded the ZIP file for both again. Went into Themes and installed first the Platform Pro 1.5.2, then PlatformBase 1.4.1. Which is now considered the "Current Theme." Still no base.css file when I look in the APPEARENCE > EDITOR> EDIT THEMES> PLATFORM BASE The files I do so see on the right hand side are Templates This child theme inherits templates from a parent theme, PlatformPro. Custom Page Page Template (page.base.php) Theme Functions (functions.php) advanced.php (advanced.php) setup.php (setup.php) template.override.php (template.override.php) Styles style.css Where is the base.css or do I have to create it? Calvin

calvin

Hi Jim, I also looked in the FTP and in the /themes/platformbase I see: images (folder) nggallery (folder) sections (folder) advanced.php changelog.txt functions.php page.base.php screenshot.png setup.php style.css template.override.php

calvin

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for being so patient. It was my error with the files that caused it not work in the beginning. I pasted everything in the style.css file and it works!!!1 You are awesome!