Sign in to follow this  
thib

Text around the thumbnail ?

thib

Hi all, I have successfully moved the title of my excerpts above the thumbnail, thanks to this post : http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/9469 Now I'm trying to remove the white space beneath the thumbnail, in order to have the text next to it. How can I do this ?

Kate

Hi thib, Do you have a link to your site, please?

thib

Hi Kate, Here is the link : http://thibinspore.com/blog/ Thanks in advance for your help, this feature is really important for me. I need the text to be next to the image (and not below).

kastelic

In order to either float the post excerpt right or the image left, you need to get the image out of the container its in, so that it comes directly before the excerpt div.

thib

Hi Jimmy, thanks for your answer. Can I get a little more details ? In which file do I have to change this, and what change do I need to do ? I'm new on Wordpress...

catrina

Do you have your child theme enabled? If not, please go to Appearance > Themes and enable PlatformBase. Once you do that, we can do the edit.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thib

Hi Catrina, platform is already enabled on my blog. Not sure what is a child theme though ? And here is what it looks like at the moment : Screen-shot-2011-07-17-at-PM-07.00.41.png I need the excerpt to be next to the image.

catrina

The child theme for PlatformPro is PlatformBase. It's where you can edit theme files without worrying about losing the changes when you upgrade PlatformPro. Can you check Appearance > Themes to make sure you have it installed?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

thib

I have not purchased PlatformPro yet, as I want to make sure all what I need is before buying (I am interested in the magazine feature, so eventually I will need to purchase the pro version) At the moment I only have installed "Platform 1.3.1" Can you advise ?

cmunns

You need to follow Jimmy's advice remove this div `

` from inside of the post-title div and place it before the_excerpt() line.

thib

Thank you Adam !!! I took some time to figure out that the change was needed in "template.postloop.php" (i told you i'm new on WP !) but now it works. I even managed to add some white space on top of thumbnails. Thanks again for your support.