Sign in to follow this  
aemillerco

Custom Page gone after upgrade :(

aemillerco

Just ran the auto update on several sites and lost "Custom Page" from the template setup area. As it happens, that's the template I used on all of my sites, on almost every page. So now every one of my pages is broke and using the "Default Page" template. Sigh.... :(

aemillerco

Oh, and all of the pages that DID use the "Custom Page" template are still OK (for now). If you go to edit one, it now shows "Default Page" as the template and saving it down will set it to default page and break it. UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

aemillerco

Jeez... just realized I cannot even submit a support ticket?

Simon

Chris where was the custom template?

aemillerco

Where was it? I just selected "Custom Page" that was already include in Pagelines... I had edited that to include boxes, features, etc. I then went in and chose "Custom Page" as the template for the pages i wanted to have those features. After upgrading though, "Custom Page" was deleted. It's no longer a part of pagelines and now all of those pages are broken.

Simon

No i meant the actual custom template file, it should be in platformbase folder, have you got platformbase activated?

aemillerco

Simon, Hmm.. no.. I had platformpro enabled. Base was not. That's the way it's always been though? All I did was upgrade? Hmm.... this might have fixed it. Let me dig deeper.

Simon

The whole point of platformbase is your edits are to the child theme, not the parent, allows you to update the parent without losing changes.