Sign in to follow this  
cvandyck

Image Added to Header

cvandyck

How do you add an image to the header?

cvandyck

thx.. would you do me a favor by writing the code that I would use and tell me where to put it ... I have read/listened to the guide .. if you could show me how to do these two, then I would more likely have the insight for future ones... assume the that the two pics (for post and for article are pic1.jpg and pic2.jpg

Kate

Where at in the header would you like it, Chuck?

pagelineuser

Bumping this: I too want to add an image on the same line as my header -- I want the header text to remain, not be replaced by an image, and want the image to the right of the header.

cvandyck

so that is way beyond me .. and in reading it , it didn't look like it was working. .. can someone help me on this?

catrina

I think the hook you're looking for (if you want to add your image to the right in the header) is pagelines_branding_icons_start. To get you started, you'll need to make sure your image is uploaded to the Image Library and grab the full image URL it. Once that's done, you add it in here: `FULLIMAGEURL` ...and then the hook can be created.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Kate

Hi Chuck, You should put that image inside of a function, and call the function instead. Something like this: ` add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_start', 'add_extra_header_image'); function add_extra_header_image(){ ?> upload.php?posted=291 <?php } ` Now, I'm not sure that's actually the correct image link. It prompted me to login when I tried it. Might want to check on that. Usually the image would have a path more like "wp-content/uploads/2011/7/imagenamehere.jpg". Additionally, please make sure you're adding this to your Base theme's functions.php file.

cvandyck

Kate.. yes .. I'm putting this in the base theme functions.php file. I put the following in verbatim, but it still doesn't work.. I believe the url for the picture is correct.. suggestions? add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_start', 'add_extra_header_image'); function add_extra_header_image(){ ?> <?php }

cmunns

The hook doesn't work because you are not using the branding section for your header, you're using the callout section. change the hook location to `pagelines_inside_top_callout`

cvandyck

tried that. exact verbage is: add_action('pagelines_inside_top_callout', 'add_extra_header_image'); function add_extra_header_image(){ ?> <?php } Still doesn't work. Suggestions?

cmunns

yes...where is your image? you have the hook and the function..but nothing inside of it.

cvandyck

just didn't copy it all .. here it is .. image is there... suggestions? add_action('pagelines_inside_top_callout', 'add_extra_header_image'); function add_extra_header_image(){ ?> <?php }

cvandyck

so this should have worked.. but nogo .. suggestions??? add_action('pagelines_inside_top_callout', 'add_extra_header_image'); function add_extra_header_image(){ ?> Henry-Van-Dycks-signature.jpg <?php }

cvandyck

could someone take a look at the following and suggest what i can do to get this image into the header.. thx so this should have worked.. but nogo .. suggestions??? add_action('pagelines_inside_top_callout', 'add_extra_header_image'); function add_extra_header_image(){ ?> <?php }

catrina

The hook doesn't appear to have any problems. Does the image not show up at all or is it positioned incorrectly?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

catrina

Right now I see this image on the right side (it appears to be in the header): http://vandyckfamily.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/GrandpaVanDyck.jpg Is this intentional? Did you add this image using a hook?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

cvandyck

Catrina .. I was trying a different approach because the php route didn't seem to be working... In the callout there is a place for an image upload so I tried that .. problem is that when you bring it in, you bring in a full sized picture .. how do I scale it down so that it will work?