Sign in to follow this  
amirbkhan

advice on best SEO plugin to use with Platform Pro?

amirbkhan

I was wondering from the sea of SEO options, which plugins do you recommend that work best with ppro. thanks amir

Simon

Yoast WordPress SEO.

Danny

Yeah Yoast's is the best. Here's a video explaining the options.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob

Amir, one of the best SEO tricks (not a plugin) is to use your Permalinks wisely. The default Permalink really won't get you too far in search engines, but other settings will boost you considerably. The best is going to result in a URL like www.yourdomain.com/the-article-title/123 (where 123 represents the post ID number). To achieve this, under Settings (WP, not Platform Pro), select Permalinks and add the following code next to "Custom Structure"...

/%postname%/%post_id%

- the result will be exactly as described above. Don't worry about any hypertext links that may use any other Permalink you previously used. They'll all default now to the new custom permalink. You should see a significant increase in traffic, search engine placement and visibility with this one step. It doubled my Adsense revenue too.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

slingr

Robert, are you sure the existing links won't get affected? I've read otherwise, that once you've committed to a permanlinks approach, you're committed. (Actually, I think it was in a lynda.com tutorial.) I tried a small test and it looked to me like when I replaced the default /?p=xxx scheme to one like you suggested, all the existing links broke. I couldn't find any documentation on the WP Codex about changing permalinks once you've got a lot of history ... are you aware of anything that addresses this specifically? Thanks.

amirbkhan

thanks guys. i was hoping someone would say yoast. no I can stop comparing. Robert, thanks for the permalinks tips.

Rob

Steve, I did it, and yes, if a hard coded permalink other than the default format you can break some links. But the default remains the hidden link, with the new permalink being a "mask" for the default. In every instance, each default link still worked. My blog was up since WP was in v 1.?... and all my links still work. I just changed the permalinks this year after 3.0. I've used lynda.com and yes, they're very good, but not always up to date. You can always change it back. Try it. Do a test and see for yourself.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur