Sign in to follow this  
boynowski

Custom CSS causes troubles with design control

boynowski

Hi, i`ve tried to solve the following issue for quite a while on my own without success and hope to find some help here. Im having general problems with selections made in the "design control" section, because they always get mixed up when i make additional changes in the "custom css" part. (i know thats why its called custom css) anyways. the custom css seems to override everything when i click on save changes there and even replaces a newly saved background from the "design control" department with an old one, even when i didnt use any code to insert a background in the custom section at all. end of the line is my layout being mashed up every time new when i click on save setting in one of the two named sections. so is there any way to use the "design control" settings as base and add the custom css on top of it? many thanks, boris

Kate

Hi Boris, Do you have a link to your site please, so that we can check it out?

boynowski

Hi Kate, thanks for your quick reply! The test version url of the website is: www.thinkfarm.org Here are two Screenshots of the Webseite after "save-as/Custom Css": custom-css.jpg and after "save-as/Design Control" design-control.jpg Maybe i have to do adjustments in Design Control for the basics first and then stick to Custom CSS for the rest? But it also affects other adjustments in the PPro Settings :( Thanks in advance! Boris

cmunns

That would be my suggestion. Get as far as you can with design control, then go for the custom stuff thereafter targeting specific elements.

boynowski

Thanks Adam! It seems to work out this way!