Sign in to follow this  
flourishdesignstudio

Help getting link in Feature Slider

flourishdesignstudio

I've tried both options of using a custom post type and then just creating features the regular way, as demonstrated by Platform sample page. Neither option will let me get a link to a post or page. Can someone please help? I've been working on troubleshooting this issue for at least 5 hours at this point, without ever seeing a link in the feature slider. The site is www.moosewoodcooks.com

timlinson

I think your excerpt is just too long. In the page source, the link is there ` recipe ` The very end of the excerpt and the link are just being pushed out of view.

flourishdesignstudio

Thanks for checking this out, Tim. There are 2 slides in the current example slider. One has a lot of text and one has just a few words, but both of them have links assigned to them (when created in the features section in the Platform menu). So, the length of the excerpt is not the problem. Also, just to make sure, I shortened the excerpt just to test it, and it didn't result in a link at the end. Any other ideas?

Kate

Hi Jacqueline, Actually, Tim is right. The excerpt is pushing the link out of view. I believe this is related to the feature changes I seem to remember you had made before. No worries, though... it's a quick fix. Currently the div with the class .fexcerpt has a height of 330px assigned to it. We'll need to change that. Please add this to your Custom CSS:

.fexcerpt{height:auto !important;}

flourishdesignstudio

Kate, OMG! I am so happy that I could cry! ;) That worked! Thank you SOOO much. It seems so strange that the link didn't show on the short excerpt. But, I guess it just sticks to the bottom? Anyways, THANK YOU so much!

Kate

Hey Jacqueline, No problem.. Happy to help :) And, yes: the link is a separate element, generated after the excerpt. So, as long as the excerpt had a height, it was appearing below it.

flourishdesignstudio

So, would that also work if I go back and use the post category method?

Kate

You can try it... I believe it should, yes.

canoconsulting

Hey Kate....need a little help...I used some of the code that you commented in this thread but I can't seem to get the Feature Slider Link to appear on the homepage of my site. I've checked all my settings for Features and they're all set correctly...what I don't understand is that I have another site with Pagelines Pro/base and I have the same exact settings and that site has the link on the feature slider home page. If you could help me....my web address is www.rugoogleized.com/blog1/ Thanks again

catrina

Do you have any plugins to deactivate? If so, can you try deactivating them to see if that makes a difference?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

canoconsulting

Thanks Catrina...deactivated all my plugin's and it didn't do any good. Also did some testing on another demo site and I found the only way to have an active Feature Link in the Feature slider is to have image and text. If you turn both navigation options for the feature slider and you choose "Image with no text"....the link does not display. The only other option I have is turn off the Feature slider...make the homepage static and add the image on the homepage content page and it will display similar to the way I have it now and it will have the link....only problem is that if the client ever wants a slider...he'll have to change the option. Thanks again. P.S. I've never run into a "feature slider" option on a web platform that does not have some type of link on just the Image...As advanced as Pagelines is...I'm a little surprised it does not have the feature to display without having to hard code it into php. :(

lgdesigns

Hi, I have the same problem as Rick described- I want the slider to just show images and act as links. If I have to code this myself, what files am I supposed to modify? I thought this was a feature built in to the Platform Pro theme. Maybe I'm missing something?

Simon

Leslie you dont have to edit anything, the feature slider has always been able to do this! Copy these settings: http://imgur.com/eEZ7j.png

lgdesigns

Hi Simon, Thank you so much for the screenshot. It helped solved the problem for me. Wish I would have come to the forum several hours earlier! Cheers!

canoconsulting

Thank you Simon....now that was so easy!! I've read at least 25 threads in the forum where someone asked the same question as I asked and all the answers directed them to add some hard coding to php and css. Including this thread..there's 3 examples of hard coding. Thankfully I didn't spend 5 hours trying to fix or modify this issue...I just found a work around that worked just as well. Great Job Simon!!!! This resolved it for me.

Simon

When the new forum is finished, we will add a FAQ section with all these useful snippets :)