Sign in to follow this  
jimanderson

Primary Side Bar Issue? Bug??

jimanderson

I just installed Word Press and PlatformPro with Base. With the default set up the primary side bar has 4 widgets ... CALENDAR, META, CATEGORIES and ARTICLES. I can not figure out how to omit one or more of the widgets. For example, I don't want the CALENDAR and META to appear in the Primary side bar, but I can not find where to do this. I can turn the Primary sidebar one and off. I can go to WP>Appearance>Widgets and see the Primary side bar but no widgets appear in it. I added some widgets to test this and changed the names and they appear correctly when the new changes so adding widgets works fine. Then I deleted them and they still default to the original. How do I choose which widget to appear in the Primary Side Bar? Or, is this a BUG because I am using WordPress 3.2 and Platform Pro 1.5.1 and Base 1.4.1? I'm confused.

esensio

Jim, By default the Sidebar contains these 4 widgets, yes. But actually it's empty. Try to check the option Hide Sidebars When Empty (no widgets) in PlatformPro Settings > Sidebar Options and you will see that. So...Just add the widgets you want to appear to the Primary Sidebar and you are done.