Sign in to follow this  
karlfrisch

HELP! Navigation not displaying properly for iBlogPro

karlfrisch

I use the iBlogPro template and hadn't done anything to my website in quite a while. Then one day the navigation menu stopped displaying properly. I use the latest version of FireFox for Mac and the latest version of WordPress. The same problem presents itself in Chrome though it displays properly in Safari (all the latest versions). Here are screen grabs of each browser. You'll note that in FireFox and Chrome the "About Karl" tab is no longer first, nor is it a button. In the Safari version it displays correctly as the first button in the navigation. What's the problem? What's the solution? http://www.karlfrisch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/firefox.png http://www.karlfrisch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/chrome.png http://www.karlfrisch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/safari.png Thanks, Karl Frisch

Simon

Check the setting in wordpress menus, the ul and li have broken classes.

karlfrisch

Could you be a little more specific? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you suggest I do.

Kate

Hi Karl, I think what he means is go to Appearance->Menus and find the main menu. Then, for the last menu item, make sure there are no broken tags. However, I just took a look at your site and it appears you've fixed the issue. Is that correct?

karlfrisch

Nope, the problem isn't resolved. It only displays correctly in Safari -- not Fire Fox or Chrome. Also, according to WordPress, the iBlogPro theme: "The current theme does not natively support menus, but you can use the ???Custom Menu??? widget to add any menus you create here to the theme??™s sidebar." I've never used the Appearance>>Menu function before so I'm still not certain what caused this problem and why it shows up fine on Safari but not Fire Fox or Chrome for Mac. I literally changed nothing than upgrading WordPress so that would be my guess. Hope someone can suggest a fix.

cmunns

You upgraded to WP 3.2 and this happened?

karlfrisch

I can't be sure that is when it happened but, the only thing to change on my site in a long while (other than adding posts) was the update for WordPress. I think what's strange is that the site looks fine in Safari but not Chrome or Fire Fox (mac).

catrina

It could be the WordPress update that caused it. Can you try using the Appearance > Menu function to create a menu and see if it shows?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Kate

Hey Karl, Just so you know: Didn't check today, but when I checked yesterday it was on Firefox, and I didn't see the issue. Either way, obviously it's an issue on some browsers. Any chance you modified the functions.php file? If you're able to, perhaps you could post the code that's currently in your functions.php file.

karlfrisch

Nope. I've never even seen it.

catrina

What happens when you remove the "About Karl" tab from the menu? Does another tab in the menu end up being out-of-place or does the menu look normal?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

karlfrisch

Yep, always the first button becomes strange.

cmunns

Technically it is a simple problem to fix, just revert back to the previous version of WP...is that possible for you?