Sign in to follow this  
mbb0109

Comment box small problem?

mbb0109

Hi Now I've spend some time working with the comment box and it seems that it won't work out for me. I want the comments/comment box as on the demo of iBlogPro 4. But somehow it seems that this page: http://www.pagelines.com/demos/iblogpro/blog isn't using the same template as the posts. And mine does? So I get this at the bottom, when adding the comment box to my blog: oC6Iu.png Can you please help me fix this? - I would appreciate it. Thanks,

Kate

Hey Mickey, I'm not sure that's the comments doing that. Are you able to give a link to your site, please?

mbb0109

My site is not uploaded yet. I just waited uploading it because of that problem and a few other things had to get fixed before launching the site. You don't think you can find out without being on the site? - If not, then I'll upload the site so you can see it... Thank you very much Kate.

Kate

Well, let's do this first, just for my curiousity: please try adding this line to your CSS:

.page-nav{display:none;}

Also, have you made any type of modification to the _posts.php file?

mbb0109

Hi Kate, I just tried it and the code doesn't fix it.. Yes, I removed the :

<div class="postwrap commentswrap <?php if(!have_comments() && 'open' != $post->comment_status) echo "nocommentform";?>">
				<div class="hentry">
					<div class="copy"> <?php comments_template();?></div>
				</div>
				</div>

And set it into the template_posts.php instead (I didn't want the leave a reply on every page and that fixed it. So it only was on the blog page)

cmunns

You want the comment box to be shown on the main blog page where multiple posts are listed? Please clarify as this is abnormal behavior

mbb0109

Hi Adam, No I dont wont it to appear there at all. If you look at the uploaded image I want that part removed.. Thanks,

catrina

I know you have your URL blurred out in the page, but it's difficult to determine how to remove that space without a link.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mbb0109

Hi guys Now I have uploaded my "beta" site. So do you maybe have a possibility to check up the problem again? :) Heres a link for the website beta : www.ichain.org/iChain (a danish website, so you do maybe not understand the content) The link to the "problem" is here: www.ichain.org/iChain/nyheder - its down at the bottom of the site there is the little box... I also have a question about the slider on the main page (or feature setup) is there a smart way to change the boxes (slide selectors) into some smaller circles? - like a little CSS edit or something? Thank you very much I appreciate your time. - Mickey

catrina

Thanks for the link. To remove the little box, please add this code to your custom CSS in Theme Options > Custom Code:

div.postwrap div.hentry div.copy {display: none;}

As for the slide selectors, I think it will require more than a little CSS edit to switch the boxes into circles.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mbb0109

Thank you for the quick answer catrina. I tried your code and it did remove the box but also all my posts. I seems that there is a connection between the post comments and the posts... So if i remove the comment section I do also remove the post section on that page.... ? Thanks,

catrina

Okay, please try this code:

div.commentswrap div.hentry div.copy {display: none;}

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mbb0109

It fixed the problem on the main post site, but also removed the comment box from my single post which it should not... So I think the comments on single post are linked together with the "box" at the bottom of the main post site?

catrina

Yes, the comments are linked with that box at the bottom of the main post site. Add this code instead:

body.blog div.commentswrap div.hentry div.copy {display: none;}

Designer | Catrina Dulay

mbb0109

Thank you very much Catrina! - Problem solved. :) My last question will be, how can I add the a highlight box on the top of the Blog post page? Like on this: http://ichain.org/iChain/produkter/ So I have a highlight over the post section? Then the site layout is ready to launch. I'm glad for the support.

Kate

You want to add another feature section/slider? Are you using a "static" page for your blog page?

mbb0109

Hi Kate Yes, I'm using a static page called "Nyheder" (News) for my Blog posts section. I tried in the settings section for the static page to enable "Highlight Page" and add some text/media. Nothing happened on the page. Even if you did clear the cache of the browser or tried other browsers. Hope you have a solution. - Mickey